1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Maybe that's some of the check in it, but yeah. Also why I think we heard so much about resignations last night. Can't happen if no one is in the cabinet, right? You do have to hope the cabinet acts in some interest of the country, but this is his cabinet. Also there's the little issue of if the cabinet or VP wanted a coup-like control, what then? I'll admit, I am not sure the role Congress plays in it once invoked while throwing these thoughts out.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Schumer calls for the 25th

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pelosi has to get a handle on the Sargent at Arms and say WTF?? You’ve got one job, security of building and this is how you do it?

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I hit the wall last night at 17829. Has anything significant been posted between there and 17903?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

where the real power is

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sure is funny how the social media companies grew a backbone toward Trump the literal day after it became clear that Democrats would be holding control of Congress.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just sayin'.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wish they hadn't pulled his bio. I read all the stops he's made, but for some reason, it seems like I've interacted with this guy. I just can't recall where.
    Malone is a fairly common name around here, but I don't know where is from originally.

*Seems he is from Emporia, Va., so I wouldn't have a connection there. I did a game at Virginia State once, so maybe I ran across him there. It could just be that the name is fairly common and I have a connection to small college football.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dammit these clowns are supporting the very definition of authoritarianism; it doesn’t matter what the facts show, you must accept what the leader says without any scrutiny or any proof. “I said it, it shall be done “ (Yul Brenner in Ten Commandments).

This is what’s happening people!! He says there was fraud so it must be! He says it was stolen so it must be! That’s NOT the USA you sold for the past 240 yrs. that’s China, USSR, North Korea. Wake Up!!

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If they were gonna do it, they would have done it last night. It's not something you wait to pull the trigger on.

They dangled it publicly and it got Trump to shut up a little bit and even put out a half-concession statement.

Webster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.