1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

And I'd argue they should embolden state agencies to investigate those recipients to see if they committed state crimes that fall outside the reach of Trump's federal pardon.

Fred siegle and Driftwood like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This wasn't just a door, was it? Wasn't it the door to the House (or Senate) chamber, which had to be barricaded so these nutjobs couldn't attack elected officials? Ample evidence some of these people were armed, and had zipties they planned to use to bind people up and take prisoners.

2muchcoffeeman and RickStain like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When the mayor asks for the National Guard and is refused - unlike when Trump ordered them to show up for the BLM protests - and what happened happened, I can only figure that this was all by design. I can't believe that those were the security measures in place given what was planned. Whovever made those calls should be held criminally liable. And maybe now Congress will get to work on a Presidential Accountability Act. Seems like we shouldn't have to invoke the 25th or impeach in order to ensure the President is acting responsibly.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bet his diversity training class was a gas!

gingerbread, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I worked at a state capitol building for two years. The checkpoints, not long after 9/11, were thorough- I had to take out the floppy (!) with most of my work and put it in a cup every morning.
    And it was all business- a professionally conducted herding. Just like the airport. ANd there was a feeling fools would never be suffered in that setting.

6. DanOregon

And with Chao resigning, I doubt the 25th is invoked. If the Republicans don't want to be wearing this, they have to take the lead on Trump's removal. Shoot, they were in the building, their lives were threatened as well. I can't believe how many Trumpers in politics and media are doubling down on this.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can. Doubling down is what they do. Badge of honor for Trumpers.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Failed to keep a mob from occupying the U.S. Senate chamber, I suppose.
    Chief of Capitol Police and the two Sgts at Arms are the security chiefs. It's no different when a local Chief of Police falls on their sword.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  11. DanOregon

The problem isn't that a violent mob trying to destabilize our government got into the Capitol yesterday - the problem is that there have been people working inside the building trying to do it for the last four years.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MAGA is toxic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.