1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The call is coming from inside the house!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out here in Oregon its been confirmed that a RW legislator opened the door for a mob to break into a special session. The Senate R leader was outside the Capitol yesterday leading a protest.

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

FAKE NEWS!

They were married.

garrow likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I Go Crazy must be his theme song.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

From the AP:

"A marketing firm based in Maryland has fired an employee who wore his company badge when he stormed the U.S. Capitol in Washington.

"Navistar Direct Marketing of Frederick said in a statement Thursday that it was made aware that a man wearing a Navistar badge was seen inside the Capitol during the security breach. The statement said that after the company reviewed the photos, the unidentified employee was fired for cause. No additional details were released.

"The statement also said that any Navistar worker who demonstrates dangerous conduct that endangers the health and safety of others will lose their jobs, too."

Machine Head and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If I could go back again
    Well I know I'd never let you go
    Back with some of my friends
    To that wonderful

MAGA love affair
    We wasn't gettin' nowhere
    But we didn't care
    It was a crazy
    MAGA love affair

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thank goodness this dude didn’t get to use those flex cuffs.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's disheartening to realize that almost all Republicans of good conscience and true patriots have resigned already and there aren't enough left to pull the party out of the gutter. One of the strengths of political parties is the power to "police their own" when a member makes the entire party look bad through their actions. But as Trump's recent pardon list shows, that ship has sailed.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

A core tenant of republicanism is “I got mine.” The core of the Trumpist movement is republicans who were too dumb, lazy or feckless to get theirs so it must have been the “libs” who screwed them over.

I have been studying some of the more ardent Trumpists on my Facebook feed the last 24 hours and wondering how they got there. They all are college educated and from well off backgrounds. For example, one woman’s dad played in the NFL (albeit one season and before huge paydays). She graduated from an all woman’s college in the South and for the first decade of her career, she was a successful saleswoman in radio. However, heavy drinking and apparently undiagnosed mental problems have left her a wreck. Every few months, there would be a desperate Facebook plea that she was being evicted and needed a place to crash. She burned through our entire friends group over a course of two years. Then, it was family members on her social media wall asking if anyone had seen her because she had vanished. It would come out in a few days that had been committed to a rehab facility. Now, she is a full on idiot who posts fake memes and stories, and when you point it out, she just shrugs her shoulders.

Another guy’s dad at one time was one of the big movers and shakers down here in New Gilead. The guy was primed to follow in his footsteps. Then a cocaine problem derailed everything in his early 30s. He seemed to bounce back and was doing well for a bit. However, yesterday !3 was full on nuts. He was claiming he was in DC and there was no violence. He was writing in all caps and obscenities. Then someone pointed out they had seen him in New Gilead that morning. They had coffee together. The guy screamed it was a lie.

Slacker and gingerbread like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.