1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Shit, he should be rounding up as many cabinet members as he can to push it through. President for a week is better than never at all.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yesterday proved not to be overly concerned with Civil War 2.0.
    Democrats also own guns and know how to use them. Many of us are trained in hand-to-hand and not particularly afraid to mix it up.
    Oh, and we aren't freakin dumb enough to wear photo ID on an operation where there are thousands of cameras.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this. Why is it so easy to reject the will of the people at the ballot box in the certification of the Electoral College?
    It's hard to remove a sitting POTUS via impeachment, and it should be. It should be hard because you don't want to make it easy for Congress to overturn the will of the people at large. You need a two-thirds standard to convict and remove in the Senate.
    Yet as we have all learned recently, it's appreciably easier to undo the will of the people in the EC certification process than in the case of a mid-term, sitting POTUS. It only takes simple majorities in both houses of Congress to toss out the EC and only a simple majority of states' votes in the House -- one state, one vote -- to turn the loser into the winner.
    That's absurd.
    Olbermann raised this point, and it's a good one. If Trumpists had won only a few more House races, they'd have control of both chambers right now. Does anybody think they'd have let their Lord and Savior lose if they actually had the power to keep him around? No chance. They'd have abandoned principle and invalidated the EC without cause. Any House member who voted against Trump would have been primaried if not murdered.
    That's how thin our democracy is.
    Right now, 139 Trumpists in the House are still on board with the preposterous claims of a deranged, incompetent, unqualified, racist bastard because they are all constantly fearful of being primaried. They're always on the clock.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

Can't say I blame him. He knows if he starts the process, the city will really burn and he'll be whacked. Probably by a guy on Trump's Secret Service detail curiously transferred to the Pence team.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They should be afraid of being expelled from the House, or prosecuted for sedition, or lynched. All seem worse than a primary to me.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is the old Washington two-step, Pelosi needed to know where Pence was. Now she does. Her caucus wants impeachment, so probably tomorrow late she'll announce House is coming back with proposed rule change to move impeachment resolution straight to the floor. Then Pence's old GOP Senate buddies will tell him, "Look, we can't vote on this now, YOU do something."

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Because The Media and Sleepy Joe will soon be in charge. Motivated by Amurrica-hating, Jesus-hating Coastal Elites, the new DoJ will unfairly prosecute him in yet another Witch Hunt.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Very well. Impeach the motherfucker again and label any Republican who votes against it as an anarchist. Repeat that word over and over again for the next four years.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If having this person in the Oval doesn't qualify as a Clear and Present Danger to our country - I don't know what does.

I don't think Pence could get two votes out of that Cabinet, let alone the eight he'd need. Perhaps Mnuchin, maybe even Carson, but the ones who are "acting?," the other ones facing their own legal scrutiny? No way.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen until the inauguration.

That day might be interesting. If I’m Biden, I just do everything inside and let things unfold.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Everything important is hopefully running through Pence right now. Even if Donnie wanted to go to war, I’m guessing the military has placed him on ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.