1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So a publisher deciding not to publish a book is a violation of Josh Hawley's freedom of speech? Damn, I wish I had thought of that the fourth or fifth time my book idea got squashed.
    Fuck you Josh. Your first amendment rights don't extend to a publisher giving you a book deal. And you exercised those rights when you posted your crybaby Tweet. There are alternatives. Self-publishing. Blogs. Podcasts. Shouting from the street corner. Knock yourself out. Since you're from Missouri, there might be a few mimeograph machines left and you can hand out copies on the street.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Get him a nice pair of antlers to wear.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

swingline-
    I remember someone from this thread warning all along of this guy. Good call.

Who radicalized him?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

McConnell and Shumer should demand, and appoint, Hawley and Cruz to head up a Senate Select Committee specifically limited to voter fraud in the 2020 election. No other issues, like eligibility, VBM, etc. Just possible fraud in this last election.

Appoint the Secs of State from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania as special members of the committee. Give them three weeks to investigate (hey, Cruz only wanted 10 days, so that's plenty of time) and, since this is such an important issue, make Hawley and Cruz release their findings before a joint session of Congress on national TV.

That would be wonderful theatre, seeing those assholes debunk all the corruption crap they promulgated.

lakefront and Driftwood like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jack Danforth helped Hawley get going in politics. He came out today and said it’s the worst thing he’s ever done.

Danforth, a true gentleman and statesman, didn’t see the raw hunger for power in Hawley, or the danger. I imagine there are others with similar stories. The true sociopaths are chameleons, every interaction a transaction

gingerbread likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

Not particularly well spoken, thinks a severed contract with a private company is a speech issue, self-destructs in public and people keep calling him smart? But hey- Don Jr. is a 'writer' too.

Brian Williams made a good point tonite that when Hawley addresses the camera in chamber, he will look off to one of the side cameras to set up that perfect angle for commercials.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Politically, the fact that a police officer died is gonna turn up the heat considerably. Someone’s gotta pay for that

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Procedural question: does the 25th require the assent of 2/3 of a fully staffed cabinet? Or does it merely require a majority of the staffed positions?

Below is, I believe the relevant language:

“Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress ...”

The 25th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

did none of them notice he said he would march with them and then immediately retreated to his safe space? You’d think the machoest dudes around could spot a coward.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. 3_Octave_Fart

hondo-
    It made me sick to watch. As I told my mother earlier- they didn't even look human. They were sub-primate, an embarrassment to themselves and their communities.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.