1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Soon-to-be Mrs. BYM2 and I have talked for years about how these assholes have hijacked the American flag to the point that there's no desire to fly a flag or wear a patriotic shirt on July 4th because we just associate these symbols with loudmouth, jingoistic twits now.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Cosmo, MTM, garrow and 15 others like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mazel Tov!

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

hope in one hand and shit in the other and that's what's on the pee tape

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Was just scouring the page of an ex-coworker who I knew was a full-blown Republican-MAGA and saw this. Are they this blinded that they don’t see “guns” and “Christian values” side by side and go “wait a fuckin minute...” I mean, I already know my answer, I’d just thought I’d share.
    212B01F6-B962-4FE0-B7BE-A36C6FD101BE.jpeg

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My dad has to correct dipshits who think he’s a Trump supporter just because he drives a Jeep Wrangler.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I get your point. Still, while the thought works for a small sum, there's no denying that 401k accounts have grown incredibly over the past couple/few years. Anyone who has one knows that, so minimizing Doc Holliday's legitimate point is disingenuous. You're not accounting for the fact that someone in, say, their 50's or 60's, isn't using $400 as their starting point; they probably had upwards of $50,000-$100,000 as their starting point, just last year alone, and it grew from there.

You can't overlook the exponential, year-over-year aspect of 401k growth when the getting is good. And also, a lot depends on all the sometimes varying/changing individual stocks in a worker's/company's particular accounts.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

From 1952 through June 2020, annualized real stock market returns under Democrats have been 10.6% compared with 4.8% for Republicans.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump is so badly miscast as some type of political revolutionary. He's too damn lazy. He'll throw people under the bus regularly, shirk his debts and abandon allies as soon as they are no longer of service to him. And he's kind of a wuss when it comes to putting himself anywhere near physical danger.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes. It's a fallacy in almost every way the Republicans are good for your wallet.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Getting caught doing anything with the mail will get your ass in a sling right quick. Postal inspectors don't screw around, and you're talking about a federal crime.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Because Democratic leadership is full of self-loathing self-saboteurs, they fail to tout this EVERY DAMN ELECTION.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder whether she'll represent herself or find a competent lawyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.