1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is a ridiculously long 201-tweet thread. Here’s the one-page version: Thread by @SethAbramson on Thread Reader App

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Starman-
    We've got to find a way to live with these people. I just don't know what it is that makes them happy.

QAnon was set up and structured as a reality-fleeing game like Dungeons & Dragons- it was never supposed to get to this point (just make a few mooks a lot of money),
    but that's where it went.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

In its explanation why it banned Trump on Friday, Twitter pointed out that these terrorists were already planning something for Jan. 17. You may call bullshit, but that doesn’t mean it's wrong.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely curious about what a civil war would look like in this day and age. Certainly the beginnings of it would look like January 6th, 2021. But I can't find the end game in that particular insurgence. What was their end game? What would have happened if they found and zip-tied Mike Pence? Did the insurgents have a leader other than Trump? I assume the congress would have 25th'd Trump ASAP, and gone to third in line. Am I correct in thinking that's Pelosi? So the total military force of our country would have been against the insurgents? If so, it's a pretty clear win for our current democracy. I'm flummoxed, saddened, and confused.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It was exactly that, a badly organized attempt at a coup. Personally, I like "insurrection", but the bottom line is that Trump finally went way over the line and the conservative side was forced to take notice. They may still be making excuses and trying to smother such talk, but it's out there for all to see.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet that there were some foreign actors among that crowd. It is not unreasonable to worry that there may have been documents/intelligence that were gathered.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Eh, this is the tweet I thought I was posting.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, you had me at "It's Michael Moore ..."

Spartan Squad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.