1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if it’s the guy who posed for the selfie.

And if that’s the case, perhaps he was aided in falling out of that window.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Only reason is that it would not look good for him. It only matters in how it is a reflection of him. he may get around to it after sulking, but will never do the right thing right away.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

takes deep breath

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Put it like this. One of the few non-family member who I am free to discuss politics believed that, after Biden takes office, the first bill that is trotted out is a token, designed to see if the GOP wants to actually do its job or see if they're going to be ... well, the GOP.

I didn't really agree with that - and that was before what happened on Wednesday. Now ... take Mitt Romney, consider taking Lisa Murkowski (yes, she was complicit before ... but her willingness to say something the last few days is a lot more than the other idiots have attempted) along and leave the others in the corner for the balance of their time on Capitol Hill. There must be consequences for continuing to be complicit to what has occurred the last four-plus years.

The counterargument was always that it "doesn't work like that" or "you're not giving them a chance."

Bullsh_t. Especially after what took place on Wednesday.

The GOP has never been interested in working with anyone else, particularly since Moscow Mitch has been Majority Leader. To boot, he has been more than willing to threaten any GOP sort who went along with a bill he didn't agree with by stripping committee seats and and the like. To make this even simpler, they don't work with anyone else. Why bother to work with them? I don't want to hear about "unity." They haven't cared about unity, what happened Wednesday has made even more clear that unity wasn't, isn't and never will be a priority and it's only a weak excuse they like to trot out when the Dems are punking them, often because the GOP started it.

Mike Pence obviously thinks he's protecting himself and the GOP by not invoking the 25th. Moscow Mitch will slow-walk impeachment after the House quickly does so in the coming days. So impeach Trump after he leaves office to strip him of the pension, to strip him of access to information - which I have zero doubt that he would sell to anyone willing to pay for it - and precedent ... i.e., make clear to Trumpists who will inevitably try to follow in his poisonous footsteps that actions of this magnitude carry consequences. Then after impeaching him, prosecute him and every soul complicit with his seditious, financial and cruelty-related crimes.

At what point does it dawn on anyone that the GOP couldn't care less about anyone or anything other than GOP In Power?

OscarMadison, TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It should’ve happened last week.

They didn’t do it until the PGA was called out by John Feinstein and others.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Brings a new meaning to GTFOH ...

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I love to see that in writing...thanks!!!! mitch the minority...haha

Mngwa likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Utterly, monstrous behavior. These vile MAGA creatures have no off switch.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Other corporations suspending GOP donations, but it's nothing but PR crap.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

PGA is doing more to censure Trump than Congress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.