1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What's next, getting a Pence tattoo on your nads or a dolphin's dick?

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can't tell if this is real or fake. If it's real, the wounds aren't fresh. Could it be that they aren't scars as much as just someone has taken their hand and scratched away aquatic buildup? I clicked the link to the news story, but it has been taken down.
    If it is real and some harmed the manatee, I will donate to any reward that leads to conviction.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Man, who knew remoras were Republicans?

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

thank you for blacking out the username no outing

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Trump' approval rating is at 33%

The guy lost, caused the GOP to lose the Senate, is killing 4,000 people a day, and is being described by many in his own party as crazy. 33% of Americans? “He’s our guy!”

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

swingline and OscarMadison like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm surprised its that low.

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I would question English teachers first, due to the red pen.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the survey was being done on parler and the counting wasn't done before the first amendment was trampled so they only got to 33 of 100 people and just assumed that those whose voice wasn't counted did not support our country and our president because it's so cool to hate

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I foolishly checked facebook yesterday and immediately pulled a Small Potatoes getting into it with someone trying to pull a say her name with Ashli Babbitt and talking about how the brave patriots just wanted their voices heard. Claimed the cases were just dismissed without the evidence being looked at. I explained the evidence was looked at it was laughable. Post after post of false claims about the election and me refuting them easily. After each debunking, another false claim. I finally stopped responding and came to the obvious conclusion that no amount of hearing them out will do until you agree that Trump won.

I think a lot of the issue is people who have never participated in the political process before or cared beyond showing up on election day are suddenly hugely interested. They've never paid attention before and they have no ability to discern what's a credible news story and what isn't. Explaining how the voting process works, how states conduct their own elections, that things like people showing up and being told they already voted get cleared up with provisional ballots and certification, etc. is a lot. Even when you know what you're talking about, it's really complicated!

Theoretically it's a good thing that more people want to participate in the political process, but holy hell do we need to figure out how to get people to trust actual reporting.

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is a good observation. It is like the people who watch the Super Bowl and suddenly they are the expert on play calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.