1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Magat Haberman still quoting anonymous sources inside the WH even as the WH is mostly empty of staff. Pathetic.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That and not wearing masks at the Capitol, the ridiculous stunts such as allowing yourself to get photographed at Pelosi's desk, etc. These people are really fucking dumb, which leads me to believe they couldn't find a revolution with two flashlights and a road map.

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Plus, more than 600,000 mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were from GOP voters.

garrow likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I linked Beau on the FBI response last night. It's worth a look if you rolled past it.

Basically, what he said was that the FBI and various other investigative groups are going to start by identifying the participants and looking at their personal history and social media. If they are Joe Keyboard Warrior types, they'll get a visit from an agent who says "We know what you did, but don't worry, you probably won't do more than a year, maybe three if the judge is crabby. We have bigger fish to fry, so don't sweat it. It will be a good while before we get around to your case. Oh, by the way, you might keep an ear to the ground and if you hear something we need to know, you might do yourself some good if you let us know." They may even press them to actively get further involved and report.

The people involved who had military or law enforcement backgrounds and the ones who appear to be more active and likely to act go to the top of the list. These are the Tim McVeigh types that typically have been given a pass because "He's a vet. Hell, I was in a unit with that guy four or five years back, he wouldn't get involved in something like this." The history is that black extremist groups in this country are considered more dangerous than they typically are, and white extremists get a pass from law enforcement even though history shows that they are more likely to perform acts of terror.

He says that we know the type to be particularly wary of - the trained and disaffected, the sort of people that in Iraq and Syria would be observed, targeted, and taken out. It's a question of applying the same anti-terror mindset here that we do overseas, although we (mostly) can't just kill or arrest them out of hand as we do there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, see, that flag is about Delaware's heritage, not hate.

TowelWaver and Mngwa like this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A 21st century honey pot, if the honey was a black and white printout of a Winnie the Pooh illustration.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

These types will always squeal on each other. That's really what the best strategy going forward should be - like setting a backfire to control a wildfire. You already see it within the GOP, on Fox News and other parts of conservative media as sponsors flee.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So it turns out SJ.com was way ahead of the curve deplatforming Magats and other political trolls.

9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Would it be like wrestling where they play his music (Macho Man) on the walk in?

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm linking another Beau. This guy is so shrewd. I like to think I'm fairly bright, but he often knows more than I do and sees two or three layers deeper than I do.

Anyhow, great analysis of McConnell's position on Trump, the game he's likely playing, and how it might come back to bite him. Just four minutes.

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

If this is real, it's so beautiful.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.