1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Because child pron and Q won't host themselves

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

DNC Chair isn't really a plumb gig when there is a sitting Dem in the WH. You pretty much just stick to the talking points someone else wrote and travel a bit talking to the state parties, raising money and doing TV hits. Glad Biden went with a full-timer, rather that Obama's terrible decision to go with Rep. Wasserman-Schultz - not to mention competing for attention with his Organizing for America arm with the DNC. Harrison's ties to Clyburn obviously helped - but he's also never won an election and blew a shit ton of money in SC with little to show for it.

Glad Yang is running for NY mayor - hope he wins. Biden should keep him on speed dial even if he isn't being offered an official cabinet gig.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

All-too-rare oppy to use the term "taxidermied partridge"

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's the vilest Skinamax scramble circa 1987 I've ever seen.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect that you didn't watch it. He starts by saying that McConnell wants Trump gone, and preferably unable to run in 2024, for the good of the party and his place in it. He *could* hold a Senate vote now and get it done if he pushed for it, but if he does that he also takes the blame from the Trumpists. So he blocks it until Biden gets in, lets the Dems do it and they take the heat, not him, with the bonus that it obstructs the Dems getting things done - always a McConnell goal.

We'll see about a conviction soon enough, as we will about who might be expelled from Congress. Once he's out the door and not able to use social media as a club, things may look a bit different. Early days yet.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rick Scott of Florida said Senate Republicans might boycott the Trump impeachment trial because it's unconstitutional (as if he would know). Only one problem with that genius strategy. It takes two-thirds of Senators present and voting to convict, not a flat 67 no matter what.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is fascinating. It would give them the outrage they crave while subtly ridding them of the albatross that is Trump. It’s a gamble. What if Trump wins with SCOTUS, which is still controlled by his klan? I hope they do it, but I suspect they won’t.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I did watch it, but I interpreted it as an assumption that they’d get a conviction. Perhaps I misunderstood.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd rather all that shit is found in a landfill, broken and covered in gull shit.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ah, the Amy Covid Barrett gambit!

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.