1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pink and chartreuse?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Every dime has gone and will continue to go toward extra house payments, knocking years off the loan.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is the whole point. The idea of the checks is to stimulate immediate spending and improving household balance sheets. People who don't have onerous or even unsatisfactory debt burdens are likely to use $1400 on capital purchases (appliances, cars, etc.). That money starts circulating immediately.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The plumber, tile guy and other subcontractors will appreciate the work!

Money straight to the consumer. Trickle-up economics. What a concept.

Mr. Sluggo, UNCGrad, Gutter and 5 others like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, $540 is about to go back to them (Green Card renewal fee) plus about $1,000 more to the IRS.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is in no way unconstitutional. I think it was in the House that they removed a guy and then impeached him after he was out of office, mid 1800's mebbe? Just saw it but I can't quote the case.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

They want to attack the process so that they do not have to take a position on “Drumpf.”

lakefront likes this.
  8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Yep. Paying off my wife’s Subaru and that will leave - outside of monthly utilities - just the house as our debt (still have 19 years to go on that).
    Considering that two years ago we had two student loans, a $3K credit card balance and a much larger car loan - I’m feeling quite happy right now.
    (As an aside, I’d really like to know how people can save up for a new car and pay for the whole thing in cash. We are both high school teachers, so we make good money together, with a 21-month-old daughter. Our mortgage is on the good side for our area. Yet I see it taking years to save up enough for a newer car. And with my 2009 Xterra about to hit 250K miles, I’m doing the research now to get ready when the day comes. At this point, I’m just looking to have a good down payment.)

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gotta love the Lincoln Project. Going after Lyin' Ted and Hee-Hawley.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When do the Lincoln Project boys stop doing Democrats’ dirty work and start turning on them?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As soon as Trump is effectively out of the 2024 race.

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

How about this scenario: say what you want about him, but McConnell is very clever. Suppose he’s slow walking the trial so he can wait and see what trump does over the final days. Maybe he’s let it be known to trump and his people - any ridiculous moves, any pardons that aren’t appropriate, and he and the Republican senators will vote to convict when the next senate brings it up. If trump is a good boy, the republicans will let him off the hook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.