1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Dont know if you live in an area with good public transit, but ridership is down now -- for understandable reasons. Good time to sell cars.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wifey and I have not bought a new car since '04, our first and only minivan. We've bought several cars since, but all used. And yeah, a couple of years old with 40-50k is always a great buy, well make sure the car itself is reliable.

I drive a 4 door sedan in winter and the drop top for nice days, both 07s; just keep up the regular oil changes and maintenance (brakes, tires, checkups) and they're great.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Biden is supposed to be on at 6:30, he shows up at 6:32. With Fatfuck, it's sometime between 7:15 and 10:00.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

they're both late so everyone is teh bad

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Picked up a 2002 Ford Focus with 67,000 on it just after Memorial Day. Use it mostly to go to work and back.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m at 315,000 on my 2008 Civic. It runs like a new car.

Until this timing chain goes. No way I’m changing that or paying for it on a vehicle with that much wear and tear.

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've ever committed to running a car into the ground. I bought my '09 Xterra in 2010 with 37K miles (really, it was almost two years old at that point). In a week or two I'll pass 250,000 miles. It's (knocking on every piece of wood) wonderfully reliable without any major hiccups. Original clutch, water pump, radiator ... you get the idea. My commute is 40 minutes each way and I take back roads the entire way, and I honestly think that driving on average between 30-50 mph and not having stop-and-go traffic really extends the life of a car. I really wish Nissan still made the Xterra because I'd get another one in a heartbeat when this craps out. It's the first car where I could ever say, yep, this is me. And, few, if any, SUVs are manual transmissions like my six-speed. However, it's looking like a used Volvo XC40 or Buick Encore GX ... the latter because I thought it would be neat to own two Buicks 60 years apart (my other car is a '62 Buick Special).

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Well, I drove a 2008 Elantra until recently, had 112,000 miles. It was my Dad's and he took meticulous care of it. So I was running an errand and backed into a storefront driveway to drop off a check. Parking brake broken, I put the car in park (I thought), got out, walked over and put the check in the mailbox -- and heard a crunch. Turned to see my car had drifted on its own out of the driveway, across the busy two-lane state highway and stopped when it hit the median curb. By the grace of a miracle, the nearest traffic was far off, so I jumped in and sped away. Could have been a major fucking tragedy. For a few days I thought I'd left it in drive, until I went to the CVS and it slipped out of park, something I'd never experienced. The next week I got $1500 for it as a trade-in on a new Civic.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Only, I'm about 50 pages behind, and have now resorted to starting on the last page, and reading backwards. :):(

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arkansas ... public transit ... LOL.

I wish we had that kind of infrastructure here.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Geez, that's a good trade-in price! I thought I did great with the $800 I got a couple years ago for my 17-year-old Toyota Corolla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.