1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This might be your book.

But it is maddening.

Antisocial review: Andrew Marantz wades into the alt-right morass

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

In a week, when this thread gets locked, I’m going to start with post #1 and read it all the way through just so I can relive the magic. Anyone with me?

I’m guessing there will be a lot of blank spaces from deleted Tweets and references to posters who got banished.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yes! I am a tough negotiator, although you can't beat the house.

Honda first offered $500 so I walked. The dealer didn't even have the 2021s yet and a lot full of 2020s due to the pandemic. They came back with a better offer. A few years ago I told them amid protracted negotiations if they threw in Starbucks certificates, we had a deal. The manager wrote it into the lease agreement. Pigs get fed, etc.

WriteThinking likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

A few more years ago I had a Legend with a bad head gasket. That's all she wrote. I drove it to the same Honda dealer with smoke coming from under the hood. The smoke dissapated by the time I got there and after a cursory inspection they gave me, like, five grand on the trade no more the wiser. So in that case I beat the house.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have small SUVs, her a RAV4 and me an Escape. Baby No. 2 will be here in a month and while I respect how frugal some of you are, we road trip enough I really think we will need to trade one in for something larger. I really struggle for leg room in both vehicles with a car seat behind me, and we packed them super tight for a trip with just three of us.

We’re open to buying good used — 1-2 years old — but are really in love with the Kia Tellurides or the Subaru Ascent. (We need 4wd or AWD because of where we live.)

I also really appreciate the advances in safety, too, like the lane monitoring, back up cameras and whatever keeps you from rear ending someone in traffic, especially since that’ll be the “family” car.

So, baby in Feb., still in lockdown and maternity leave until early June, no point in letting a big new car sit untouched in the garage, we will probably get serious in June or July, and we will damn sure be using our stimulus.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

For now, I'm going to be happy that Trump is a miserable loser and is known as such. I'm happy that his legacy will be defeat, his klan's historically improbable loss of power and his own justified spot in halls of shame. He will leave office after failing in his own election, after failing to help an SEC state hold on to its two Senators and after gutlessly failing to stop a pack of murderous malcontents as they sought to justify their pathetic lives in felonious service to his faux masculine toughness.
    Time will tell if the GOP remains terrified of him, but they went all in on him. They lost their own power and refused to meet a pleading country's cries for help against a disease that couldn't have been stopped but could have been mitigated.
    His defining traits will be personal insecurity derived from childhood and put on full adult display; perpetual projection; arrogance; greed; intellectual deficiency; sloth; rage; contempt; and ultimately apathy to anything that didn't give him an opportunity to receive the idolatry of his bungled masses.

Slacker, Fred siegle, garrow and 4 others like this.
  8. goalmouth

World's first library with no books.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A phrase in that story I've never heard of before: "offboarding process." That's the most polite way ever to say GTFO.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, whose second coming made him the president of a country that didn't exist in his first go-round, left the gig on Wednesday. Originally known as a religious figure who spoke of universal love and perpetual forgiveness, Jesus returned to the planet in relatively recent years as an overbearing, overweight bigot, a leveraged-to-the-hilt real estate developer and a self-aggrandizing reality television star performing under the name Donald J. Trump.

These people are seriously evil. They're sub-tweeting that their boy is a victim of a quasi-religious persecution who fought the good fight and was willing to die politically for our sins.
    They propped him up as a 'pro-life president' and conveniently ignored when he basically told people that mask-wearing was for the weak and that they should forego masks as a gesture of support for him. Fuck him..

lakefront, garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Apparently somebody in the Trump administration thinks it was an insurrection/coup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.