1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The real key is to keep an eye on when a model is due for a refresh. If you buy a new car that is in the fifth year of its model cycle, you aren’t going to get shit for a trade on it five years later when the next generation is about to give way to a third generation.

I usually figure you should buy early in a model cycle (year 1 or 2) and either trade in 3-5 years later, while it still has strong resale value or ride it til it dies. Trading in a 7-year-old vehicle with moderate-high mileage is the worst of both worlds.

Selling early avoids many of the maintenance requirements and repair work that needs to get done, but you basically accept you will always have a car payment. Running it into the ground incurs more maintenance and repairs, but you may go a decade without a car payment.

Trading in after 6-9 years means you pay all the depreciation, most of the repairs and you only get 2-4 years without a car payment.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. bigpern23

Goddamn this is brilliant.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

“And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Ezekiel 25:17

HanSenSE, swingline, HC and 6 others like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That is an ... interesting translation.

Tiffany is the middle Winslow daughter they disappeared a couple seasons in.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

7. bigpern23

Congratulations! Babies drive car-buying decisions far more than any other factor I can think of. I went from a single, childless Mustang owner to a husband/father Mercedes C-class owner to a father-of-two Infiniti QX60 owner faster than I could blink.

If you’re looking at the Telluride, one of our best friends has a Hyundai Palisade, which is more or less the same vehicle, and she loves it.

Pilot likes this.
  8. bigpern23

Pretty common corporate speak.

Get hired = onboarding
    Get fired/resign = offboarding

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(Whispers)

As someone who worked on an assembly line building engines until recently, always buy the second year of the model. The first few weeks of the model change, despite being trained and preparing for months, things go on that you probably don’t want to know about when you turn over the ignition.

At least wait until the guinea pigs who go out and buy a new model right at first have absorbed all the recalls.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think you should get a library when there's serious doubt you've ever read a book: including the ones that were clearly ghosted for you.
    Give him a reading room at the airport in Okeechobee.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not the first time Tuberville screwed up the Constitution. No wonder the graduation rate at Auburn sucked so bad.
    And "after we get this virus behind us?" You mean that virus that people like you denied for months? So now it's a thing if it somehow can be used to circumvent the Constitution.
    But the feeble, transparent notion here is somehow hoping that this could happen and that somehow, in the interim, something would happen to keep Trump in office.
    The clock will run out at noon on Jan. 20, Tommy.

12. bigpern23

I’ve owned two first-gen vehicles - a 2005 Mustang and a 2020 Mercedes GLE - and haven’t had any problems. Any issues that might crop up would be covered by warranty. You risk having to take the time to take the car/truck to the dealership, but there are few first-year vehicles where the issues are so bad that they might to leave you stranded.

Hermes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.