1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Looking at that photo, I keep expecting black blood-speckled locusts to start pouring out of his mouth.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My first car from a police auction was an '87 Impala stripped of the lights and painted all black.

They took out the turbo charge too but it still hauled ass and I owned the freeways in L.A.

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I always thought that the foreign terrorists would hit one of the buildings that has his name on it.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From CNN: No new commander in chief since Franklin Roosevelt in 1933 has faced a tougher baptism of crises than Biden. His inheritance dwarfs the alarming scenarios that confronted President Barack Obama, whom he served as vice president, in 2009.

I’m not sure on that claim.

April 1945: Truman, after less than 3 months as VP and after only 2 meetings with FDR, becomes POTUS. WWII is still on. We have the nukes. Japan isn’t surrendering. Drop the bomb or no?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

El Paso County, where Colorado Springs is located, went from 22 percentage points in 2016 to 11 in 2020, part of a wider shift toward the state going nearly full-on blue.

Colorado continues to shift blue: The 2020 election, explained in graphics

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

LBJ came in with a nation in shock, civil unrest, Vietnam ramping up, the space program woefully behind and Cuban missiles 13 months in our rearview mirror.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At least WWII was about to end. The question was how much longer before Japan gave up. Russia jumping into the Pacific theater as well.

I submit Ford who got promoted after Spiro Agnew resigned and then stepped in after Nixon resigned and had to piece the country back together post Vietnam.

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The same thing happened in Douglas County, which isthe affluent suburbs of the Denver metro area. The two counties have about 17% of Colorado's population. If the Republicans don't get that turned around Colorado is California east.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    MileHigh likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

NJ state offices closed Wednesday for security.

Thanks for voting, fuckhead cultists!

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Which is where it's heading, but yes, those are the most pivotal counties for Republicans in the state. Not enough population on the Western Slope or the eastern Plains.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Alabama-5 actually held on as a Blue Dog district longer than most. And Madison County went from plus-16 GOP in 2016 to plus-8 four years later. But they’ll shift the boundaries to offset Huntsville with more Sand Mountain pillbillies, or even split the county between districts before they allow it to go blue again.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I want to have a beer with a Sand Mountain pillbilly chick. Could be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.