1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

After seeing his commercial for the first time I posted this on the Harvey Weinstein thread (now locked) in December 2017:

The My Pillow guy seems like he'd be ripe for accusations.

I'd never seen the guy or his commercials but he stuck out like a bad dream. Out of the blue he came with these freaky commercials.

Now he's at the White House during the death thrusts of a failed coup and encouraging the cuckoo bird to implement martial law.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

people need to cut the mypillow loon some slack

he's from minnesota and we're surrounded by nutball states

iowa, the dakotas and wisconsin

plus, there's the national security threat trump said canada poses, and we share a border with them. can you say invasion!

the mypillow guy has been driven over the edge by this, he's been broken

please keep the mypillow guy in your thoughts and prayers

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'll ask a serious question but I'm sure there will be some snark.
    What expectations do people of color have from Biden since they played a large role in getting him elected?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That and if he had pushed for $2k stimulus checks back in September - instead of after the election.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a bunch of white dudes (mostly) are we in position to answer that? I mean aside from “not promote white supremacists to high-ranking administration jobs.”

gingerbread likes this.
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I had to go to the Capitol grounds for work today. There are more highway patrol cars than usual, including cars parked on the sidewalk on either side of the Capitol’s front plaza. Most of the offices for the agency I work for are in a building near the Capitol building. The agency director has told everyone to telework on the 20th “out of an abundance of caution.” I almost always telework, so it mean no change. 61CC313B-7469-43B2-A474-3072EC687B16.jpeg

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FBI ought to be at My Pillow's house right now. With a warrant.

HanSenSE, Mngwa and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What number is martial law on his sleep number bed? 45?

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“We’re on the case! We’re taking you down! It’ll be a feather in our cap!”

Yep, I really am a dad. The jokes are progressing nicely.

TowelWaver, gingerbread and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Just saw the stuff on Twitter about John Weaver, one of the Lincoln Project founders.

What the hell?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Nice. I like it, too.

And that's how I was when I was buying in 2017. Virtually every car I/you looked at had an all-black interior, which I have always hated and have never had, despite the prevalence of that color in the auto-making industry. I told the car sales guys that it was almost a deal-breaker for me.

So, one of the guys suggested a custom job on the car I wanted, with me picking the other color to use for highlighting and part of the seating, so that the black wasn't so all-encompassing. I had to pay an extra $400 to get the job done, just because the places had literally no cars with anything but all-black interiors. Apparently, it's something they offer when needed, through a company the dealer uses, because I guess I'm not the only one for whom this is sometimes a real issue. Anyway, I did it, picking a silver that complimented and highlighted well within the rest of the black upholstery, and I'm so glad I did it. It was an upgrade, and it actually looks like one -- much better -- and it was the kind of thing that made me go from being not really thrilled with a big purchase, to being happy with it. To me, it made all the difference, so paying the little extra money to make it so I'd like it didn't bother me at all.

My three previous cars had a red, then blue, then tan interior. I know a lot of people like black, or at least it doesn't bother them enough to do anything about it, but it's just not for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.