1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t know for sure but my guess is speaking fees and books were more appealing than actually having to be productive.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

very fine spacing on both sides

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think there is something to her makeup and personality that is, in fact, a strength -- a talent -- and you mentioned some of it. Indeed, she's not crass like her father, and she's smart enough to not be as transparent. There is intelligence and maturity in that. And, she has as a strength something that, ultimately, has been her father's greatest weakness: That is, she presents herself well, and can act professionally, and be articulate. In fact, she has talent, in spades, for that.

Whatever her failings as to the type of business person that people might prefer, I have no doubt that if her father had, say, disowned her, she could nevertheless make it on her own -- and be someone of whom most parents would be proud and would consider successful. Usually, I think the same of Eric Trump, and Tiffany, as well. Unfortunately, though, they've been stuck with the father they have, and haven't -- couldn't have -- come away from that unscathed.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I’m sure they’re just making dinner plans for Wednesday night.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Could be bombing Iran, or it could be a discussion of which records must be destroyed.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

He seems pretty concerned about all of this and would have more knowledge of nonsense than I would ever come to think of myself, but is this crazy unusual? I don't know how much any president has to do in their final days in the White House and usually I don't think anyone even pays attention. I mean everything this administration does is shady, but is it that weird that these people are in the White House (especially Kushner) when the guy is still on the job? After the past few weeks have to be leery of a lot, but is something like this over the top or spot on?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

It’s Shabbat, so Kushner being there alarms me. (Well, more than usual; he should never have been there at any point in the last four years to begin with.)

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m unsure if that’s something you account to his acumen or our stupidity.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Hawley just got canceled again.

Apply more pressure, watch pin head explode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.