1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think the Senate will get the 17 GOP votes it needs. I do think it might be close. Three weeks ago they were quaking in their boots about angering Trumpies. But that was when he was the presumptive nominee in 2024. Look at all the people, organizations, etc., who have stood against Trump and in a way, done the dirty work for the GOP: Deutsche Bank, the city of New York, the PGA of America, to say nothing of his 29 percent approval rate. After Wednesday, add anyone filing lawsuits and the DAs in New York and Atlanta who may come after him. He's not going to have enough money to run anyway and the brand will be so toxic by the mid-terms that more and more GOP Senators, congressmen and governors will be less afraid to wash the Trump stink off their bodies.
    Or so I hope.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Lankford could be a flip vote, but I am tired of waiting for these tapeworms to do the right thing. They won't do it.

wicked and TowelWaver like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

When you are dumb enough to think that a chip in your Covid vaccine is going to track you but you don't realize that the phone in your pocket already does.

11. Neutral Corner

That one's got to sting a little.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Today, the 17th of January, is Q day. As in Q is the 17th letter of the alphabet. It's the day when they 'really, promise, stomp their feet and raise their guns' the next Civil War will begin. I have relatives who believe this with whole heart, as much as they believe water is wet.
    This article is from 2018.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/08/02/what-makes-qanon-so-scary/
    "That’s what QAnon followers really want, after all. That’s where their “storm” motto comes from. Most Americans were puzzled when, in a meeting with military leaders months ago, Trump said, “You know what this represents? Maybe it’s the calm before the storm.” But these theorists thought they knew exactly what he was talking about. Trump was pointing at the officers’ uniforms."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.