1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, another Trumpist QB is moving on. Furthermore, I suspect most white NFL players are Trumpists.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're definitely gonna see some sort of split by 2024, if not the 2022 midterms.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Brees 9-8 as a playoff QB.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... but others are already wringing their hands and clutching their pearls because Lamar Jackson hasn't won the Ravens a Lombardi Trophy.

Heard that BS last night on the WWL. Stupid, unfair and ridiculous.

tapintoamerica and Webster like this.
  5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Didn’t mean to turn this into NFL talk. Lol.

Just didn’t want to post something “political” in the football thread.

Carry on Wayward Son

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Guess we're not in Kansas anymore ...

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

There should. By enabling Trump, the Republicans created Frankenstein’s monster.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Anwar Sadat

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If any member of the military - active, reserve, guard - engages in any sort of mutiny, they should be summarily shot by their own unit within the hour.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I most fear we’ll have to put Biden essentially in hiding for most of his presidency between COVID-19 and domestic terrorism. I’m not sure what kind of leader one can be in a democracy without being seen publicly.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So Mother Pentz choked up today speaking at Ft. Drum. She's planning to work at a school that bans LGBTQ teachers and students.

Only the very best people, may she die horribly.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. I think vetting of National Guard troops assigned to any duty, let alone this one, is part of the drill for the Dept. of the Army.
    2. Many many many National Guard troops are also cops in civilian life. They I bet are getting extra attention due to so many cops have been rioters.
    3. National Guard units, being from the same place, or at least state, have group memory and cohesion. If there are nutters among them, their peers likely know, and have every incentive to say so.
    4. If this were to happen, the country ends at that moment. I said once the next civil war would look like Northern Ireland. This would make us instant Syria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.