1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Holy shit! He just pardoned Charles Manson!

Made you look.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the pardons.

His aides had reportedly talked him out of pardoning himself and his family. Maybe he just figures fuck it, if I don't get one then NOBODY gets one.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

One of my proudest moments tomorrow will returning my friend's birth certificate.
    Yeah, you read that right.
    I'm as white as they come and do have a redneck streak when pushed. He's brown and got a little cholo swag on Saturday night.
    My family came here in 1700. His came in the 1990s.
    We are both Americans.
    At the height of the ICE bullshit, he came to me concerned because he was going to Mexico to visit family. He asked me to keep his birth certificate safe if he was detained coming back into the country.
    I put it in my gun safe and told him if there was a problem, I would come with his paperwork and shotguns to get him free by whatever means it took.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

You all do realize he can issue secret pardons as well. He can issue a secret one to himself and say "Surprise!" when SDNY indicts him at 12:01 tomorrow.

He would issue a secret one to himself to fade the immediate heat, then run the clock while it gets litigated to SCOTUS.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

13 hours, 32 minutes.

Just enough time to lob some missiles at Tehran. Let's hope the sane folks don't let him do it.

7. Twirling Time

8. Twirling Time

[​IMG]

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I believe he’ll be more presidential from now on. He’s learned his lesson.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I take solace in the fact that I live near a major air force base and would go quickly in such an event.

12. Twirling Time

I grew up north of a missile silo farm and figured the mountain between me and it would shield us from the blast but not from the radiation.

I don't worry about that anymore. Just three strategically-placed EMP blasts in suborbital space would send us back to the 1870s, if not the stone age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.