1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, women's march ONE DAY after Trump inauguration. Don't think the pink hats materialize if Hillary wins.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Senate voted to confirm SecDef 93-2. One of the nays was Hawley.

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

No unity without accountability. And the day Faux News is accountable is the same day that Eastern Michigan plays for the national championship in football.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The COVID response would have been markedly different and better. The virtue signaling to white supremacists, American Nazis and xenophobes would not have happened. No way does a Republican Senate allow a Democratic President run a 7.3 Billion debt. Trump dug the country a hole we may never recover from. The worst a Hillary presidency would have done is a nasty status quo.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Indeed, these are truly the GOP leaders:
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.06.54 PM.png

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It's just such a stark contrast to what we've become used to that I don't blame you one bit. I did the same. I kept telling myself on Wednesday, "The adults are in charge again...finally."

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It's also nice having people who can actually write, craft these speeches for Biden. That alone says a lot about the talent level in the innards of the administration.

Not only was Miller the worst public servant we've ever had, but the worst speechwriter in the history of the American presidency.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm not sure when it started, maybe with Nixon, but some people will never like the president. The same people who now say they don't like Biden didn't like Trump and didn't like Obama or Bush or Clinton and on and on.

They don't like just because. They can't even tell you why or what they want in a president. It's a never-ending cycle with them.

I wish President Biden the best of luck. He's as Hunter S. Thompson once said: "Like a moth in a blizzard."

Someday perhaps we'll elect robots to satisfy every whim. Even then some people won't like the hardware or software or the software developer. Just because.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Duke and Harvard certainly are tainted as brand name diploma mills based on the right wing characters who graduate or attended those institutions. Nixon and Miller —> Duke

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LBJ.

After the golden moment of Camelot, young postwar America was heartbroken that the president was a rasping old man again.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can't screech demanding COVID relief and then screech about the 7 Billion Trillion debt.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I agree there.

I've had to tell my wife that we can't just magically pay everyone to stay at home.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted