1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

To illustrate @RickStain's point. Here's Minnesota:
    [​IMG]

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What is nuts is that not knowing much about Hawley, I saw his background, mainly his education, and assumed he is a bright guy who knows better and had latched onto Trump stupidity because he's ambitious and saw it as a path to a presidential run. I just figured that no one educated, and with the ability to think, was like that. So I figured he knew what he feeds people is shitty and dishonest, but it was all the ends justifying the means for him. Making him a bit like Ted Cruz in that regard.

Unless he was planning his presidential run when he was 15 and foresaw Trump, though, I had that wrong. Wow.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This was predicted before Election Day. The ShariaParty also rediscovered deficits, the need for bipartisanship and middle of the road judges.

I know people here get misty and teary, but i look forward to the deaths of Carlson and Hannity. I cant wait for Limbaugh to die. I wish horrible tragedies for Miller and Bannon and Graham and it extends to their families. I want those dirty scumbags to personally suffer horrors on Earth that their lying douchebag thriving pastors tell them awaits liberal sinners in the after life. I would wish misery on the trump grandchildren, butI don’t think grandpa Don gives a shot about their lives.

Iron_chet, Inky_Wretch and goalmouth like this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He's had sunshine blown up his ass his whole life.

You can imagine what it must feel like for someone to hear for the first time that they are not awesome.

And his interpretation of his 1A rights did not reflect someone of great intelligence.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of "I know you are but what am I?"

Fred siegle and TowelWaver like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the first of many questions i was just asking upon my foray into the vibrant marketplace of ideas

matt_garth, garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He overplayed his hand and he's panicking - I'm sure his Mizzou law prof wife is proud.

The really funny part is he still thinks he's going to be president.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Triple like. Not enough horrible things can happen to this mob of sentient shitstains.

Mngwa likes this.
  9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Terrible viewpoint by Hee Hawley, an apologist for wretched people. But the headline is awful and has since been amended to reflect that his column was focused on poor militia members in general and was not really a defense of Trumpist Pseudo Christian Martyr Timothy McVeigh.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh, a little rebellious streak in a 15-year-old who wants to argue opposite the popular reaction isn’t necessarily indicative of much. Hell, I wrote a paper in high school defending the death penalty just because everyone else in the class took the other side. I also “defended” OJ in a mock trial just to take the unpopular side of things.

Then again, he walked into the Capitol with a raised fist in solidarity with the insurgents, so, uh, yeah ...

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted