1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Manchin specifically said he would not vote for this. The other Dems don't have the votes for what you propose. Joe Manchin is the de facto President of the United States. Nothing will happen unless he wants it to.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Sinema just came out against it too

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The other day I was chuckling at how much pork is going to be headed West Virginia’s way over the next two years.

4. Michael_ Gee

They ought to be kicked out of the caucus. They prefer Mitch McConnell to their own party. If I'm Biden, West Virginia doesn't see a fucking nickel if I can help it.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was going to say pig roasted I've open couch fires, but who knows with the Mountaineers.

6. Michael_ Gee

Sinema'up in 2022. What is she gonna tell her voters. "Sorry, you didn't get your $2ooo checks, and there hasn't been enough money to vaccinate everybody, and your small business closed, but the bipartisan comity of the Senate has been preserved, and that's surely worth it." She's cutting her own throat. So's Manchin. Hope the two years of power is worth it. Won't you look like chumps when Mitch blows up the filibuster in January 2023.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Portman not running in '22 - he, Burr and Toomey should form a "IDGAF Caucus" throw in Romney and Murkowski - and I have to think Grassley is retiring.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think it’s Portman signaling he’ll vote for impeachment, but we’ll see.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I like that idea. They can tell Moscow Mitch to stick it.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Her entire announcement focused on the radical left and how she will stand up to them. In Arkansas. Where the state Democrats can’t even find anybody to run for Governor.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hee Haw deserves better than to be connected to that gaseous shitbag.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted