1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

How did Ohio get so red?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7C08088D-3546-4C25-B5C0-FBBFCEAA557E.jpeg

wicked and Jake from State Farm like this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the counties where nobody lives. And even their lone congressional district is getting bluer thanks to Bend, the only city of consequence east of the Cascades.

Nearman is a complete POS. He represents some of the rural part of my county.

4. heyabbott

An over abundance of underachieving, under educated white Christians. Rightwing morons who think school isn’t cool. And by the time they realized that they knocked their sister up and can’t get a job, it was too late to do anything but blame it on blacks Jews and Mexicans.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Certainly could happen.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and swingline like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

abbott-
    I like Ohio very much, at one time I would have made it my home.
    But I have not been back in many years, and things can change very quickly in states with poor leadership, as I've seen in my own.
    It used to take a few election cycles to fuck a state, now it takes only one.

8. heyabbott

People allow poor leaders, they were used and they are essentially stupid and lazy. I thought the country was turning smart but the dumbass religionists and conservatives just convinced those white blue collar workers that the left stole their way of life. They had no place to go but turn violent.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Ohio does have a democratic senator, who got 53.4 percent (300,000 more than his opponent) of the vote in 2018, so it's not that far-fetched it could add a second, depending on the opponent. And I don't know if Jordan is that great of a bet to win -- his district is one of the worst gerrymandered you can find.

Portman did get 58 percent when he was re-elected but that was riding Trump coattails in 2016.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Turtle turtles
    Dems get organizational resolution without giving in on filibuster

A62F198C-2DEC-4848-9E9A-B3BA10C79F77.jpeg

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The auto industry left Lordstown and Youngstown and Toledo. The steel industry left Youngstown and Cleveland. And all of those usually union workers found other things or left Ohio.

Octave likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted