1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ll allow it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

KDAV in Lubbock was the first station ever to devote its playlists exclusively to both kinds of music: country and western. For a while, they had an online presence that included well-curated shows devoted to Lubbock's place in American Pop music history. (It only started with Buddy Holly, fam.) I think it's a Texican pop station now. Good. More Paulina and Ale for everybody, but I still love Buddy n' Mac n' Joe.

Old Crank likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fine, let McConnell and his sycophants shut the Senate down. You've got to call them on their bluff. Frame them as the traitors, who are ignoring their Constitutional duty to BE SENATORS and consider laws proposed.

Lots of people criticize Pelosi, its easy from the outside, but look closely, she is where she is because she does exactly that, she calls them on their stupid bluffs and doesn't hide from that position. Schumer needs to take lessons. I'm not positive but given they are both from SF, I'm pretty sure Pelosi learned/collaborated with Willie Brown, the smartest politician in CA from the 70's through the 90's (former Assembly Speaker for 20yrs and then SF Mayor and of course "mentor" to VP Harris). Speaker/Mayor Brown was not reactionary, he was five steps ahead of those around him, he was always making the next move after going through the progressions of possibilities. The problem with Schumer is that he always appears to be reacting to McConnell.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My go-to station here. Great variety and things you never thought existed. Once heard a Dwight Yoakum cover of "Trucking" on the air. I went from "what is this" to enjoying it in seconds.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What is the ratio of threadjack-to-topical on this thread?

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

I'm brain bleaching with the music. My first unit assignment was with kids who were sexually exploited, often by family members. I saw firsthand what happens to those kids as they try to pull themselves together. You don't want to know what I'm thinking right now.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Am I just old and out of touch, but isn't anybody else worried (or concerned) that a 15- or 16-year-old has nude photos of herself? I mean, is this just expected these days? I feel like I'm losing my mind because this, and all of this, just seems so very wrong.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm so angry with this Conway bullshit.

I'm more angry that nothing will happen to her. Nothing. They could storm the Capitol and try to take down democracy and nothing would happen to them.

11. OscarMadison

I agree with you. Yeah, it's wrong. Given the trash her mother is, this one didn't have a chance. Kids take their cues from adults, from entertainment, from each other.

Tarheel316 and Driftwood like this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Seems like a good first step — for the family’s own good — would be to ban them from Twitter and TikTok.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted