1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I know I did. There's a whole raft of guys that fit in that niche. The Flatlanders (Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Butch Hancock) were arguably one of the very first bands playing what became called Americana. Guy Clark. Jerry Jeff. Lyle Lovett. The Mavericks. Rodney Crowell. Texas Tornados.

OscarMadison and Old Crank like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Delbert did a cruise every January
    Joe Ely and The Mavericks were among the acts
    Hopefully it will start again soon

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As I said above, the daughter said that Kellyanne had taken her phone. She thinks that her mother took a picture of the picture displayed on her phone. Like I said, if she was actually in her daughter's phone it would be simple to forward a copy of the pic to her own phone. I know that I have gotten into my son's phone to find out what he was up to. It really does not matter how she got the picture - the point is that if a much disliked celebrity mom puts out a nude picture of her 15 year old daughter, there really isn't any excuse. "I was hacked" could possibly be true, not that I buy it - but she had it in her phone, and she should not have, no matter how it got loose.

Spartan Squad and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. It's a bad thing and phones are bad for kids. Worse than a lot of things, given all the suicides and mental health issues that bloom because of them. Turns the kids into sheeple, too, with no attention span and some stupid notion of human sexuality, as in - there's an aspiration to being one of these flat people online.

Ten years from now - perhaps five - parenting experts will say loud as possible run run run run from technology. Especially phones. Do not give it to your kids. It'll be an uphill battle, of course, given the tech titans that now run our country.

lakefront likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

SHS always looks like she's both melting and about to cry about it.

Of course!

Here's the list that came from. Not mine, but it's been a nice accompaniment to the day. It has Joe, Delbert, Jimmie Dale, and some other faces you might recognize.

Old Crank likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Our sixth-grader was jonesing pretty bad for a phone for Christmas. I flat-out refused to let any of our family members, especially my in-laws, buy her one. Middle school is hard enough as it is, and there's no way I want my kid on social media. I'm not so much worried about her taking nude photos of herself, I'm worried about the ease with which bullying runs rampant in schools, and tech only exacerbates it.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

They are angling to become the next Kardashian family.

Tarheel316 and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Just east of the Sevierville exit? I was bad right there for the longest time.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

A therapist friend told me that lots of girls will now graduate high school without having kissed a boy, but they will have sent nudes.

Draft saved Draft deleted