1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I probably have at in the parking lot or pit at metal shows. May have even bought a beer. It's a shame because we're all brothers for those 2-3 hours.

X-Hack and Octave like this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

I was in Troy for their filming there. The city hadn't changed since the late 1800s so it was perfect

tea and ease likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Very good chance I have crushed a beer or two with these ding dongs before. That was before they lost their fool minds.

Before the dark times, before the empire.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Drum circle. Or a spirited game of duck duck goose.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Where's Buzz Aldrin when you need him?.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This is fascinating.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Belinda would've stopped for the photo.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’ll be in my bunk.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When the then-President of the United States elevates their nonsense to the mainstream, it's more than quackery. Everyone should know who these fools are.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am shocked — SHOCKED, I tell you! — to inform you that there’s no honor among thieves.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012, according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal court proceeding obtained by Reuters.

In the Miami hearing, a federal prosecutor, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and Tarrio’s own lawyer described his undercover work and said he had helped authorities prosecute more than a dozen people in various cases involving drugs, gambling and human smuggling.

Tarrio, in an interview with Reuters Tuesday, denied working undercover or cooperating in cases against others. “I don’t know any of this,” he said, when asked about the transcript. “I don’t recall any of this.”

Law-enforcement officials and the court transcript contradict Tarrio’s denial. In a statement to Reuters, the former federal prosecutor in Tarrio’s case, Vanessa Singh Johannes, confirmed that “he cooperated with local and federal law enforcement, to aid in the prosecution of those running other, separate criminal enterprises, ranging from running marijuana grow houses in Miami to operating pharmaceutical fraud schemes.”​

Proud Boys leader was "prolific" informer for law enforcement — Reuters

Now everyone he deals with is going to wonder — even if just for a second — if Tarrio’s selling them out, too.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dude, you posted that same thing one page back about an hour ago.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted