1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why didn’t this threadjack happen on a Manic Monday?

Fred siegle, garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I know the House has expelled members before (the infamous Jim Traficant being the first that comes to mind), but does that require more than a majority? If not, I'm mildly surprised Kevin McCarthy hadn't thought of that already during the preceding decade.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/third-officer-who-responded-to-capitol-riot-has-died

Apparently another cop has committed suicide.

In a closed-door session Tuesday with the House Appropriations Committee, acting D.C. Metropolitan Police Chief Robert J. Contee said a third officer who responded to the U.S. Capitol's riot has died.
    According to testimony, Contee said D.C. Metro Police Officer Jeffery Smith and Howard Liebengood, a U.S. Capitol Police Officer, both "took their own lives in the aftermath of that battle."

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Two-thirds, like conviction in the Senate. It’s a pretty high bar and rightfully so.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t see the Back the Blue and Blue Lives Matter types talking about rallying around these families or doing Go Fund Mes.

Wenders, OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And also, the far left wing kinda likes guns. Always has. Did in the 70s especially. Not a lot of crime control in our big cities back then.

The left tried it Obama’s way with unity and shared purpose and purple states and the high road. Not in 2021. What’d that Missouri professor say? Time for the muscle.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Frankly, the Dems should make this an issue and run campaign ads. “Candidate X’s Republican Party has thrown Obstacles A, B, and C to stop YOU from voting because they know if ALL of US vote, THEY LOSE!!!”

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In the 1970s, the GOP created the EPA. Times change.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Moon face: Check.
    Dead Eyes: Check.
    And okay, so that gets my dad's people off the hook.

Please tell me that's a Poe.

Draft saved Draft deleted