1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The naked bike ride?

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Erskine is not only not good at this. she's punching down.

Hello from the land of 35-year-old grandmothers and 43-year-old great-grandmothers.No. I wasn't sure if it was real or not. I have met people who were that stupid.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Right On.

OscarMadison, lakefront and maumann like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Annnnnd here's where you lose moderates like me.

San Francisco to rename 44 schools because of ties to racism, slavery

Abraham Lincoln. Dianne Feinstein. George Washington. Paul Revere.
    These names are among ones that must be removed from public schools because of their ties to slavery, oppression, or racism, San Francisco school board officials decided by a 6-1 vote on Tuesday night.

Other names include Jefferson and Madison. I sure hope the SF school district doesn't subject its students to learning about those two awful documents these two wrote.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really hate the practice of revising history in today's context. The point of the study of history is to better understand the past, not cast judgement and say "ha, ha - so backward!". And the board is doing a grave disservice to the students. Nothing wrong with explaining slavery and its cruelty AND keeping the names on the schools. It's weird - as we've come to appreciate the fluidity of gender and other things being non-binary - when it comes to judging people and events it's now become either "GREAT" or "SUCKS!"

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So is the GOP 2nd ID = reddit $GME bros?

i.e. sticking it to someone because fuck you!

7. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Some people will never be convinced. From my Facebook feed:

Comment: When are they going to start impeachment trial of Biden?

Response: Marjorie Taylor Greene has filed one. Everything they accuse our former amazing President of, biden and his ilk are guilty of and thats why they do what they do.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republicans in Washington and beyond are allowing Trump to get away with inciting a deadly break-in at the Capitol. What would they be allowing/excusing/ignoring if Trump had won re-election?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes. It's stupid. But they've lost you so... vote Trump in 2024? Getting lost because of this is as stupid as San Fran doing this.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not necessarily lost in terms of losing a vote; lost as in tuning them out when matters that actually are important come up.
    It's a form of crying wolf.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted