1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Right. So San Franciscans need to get their shit together to avoid Albany Georgia electing a crackpot in 20 years.
    America is so fucked.

SFIND, OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

antifa members are getting older.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

How embarrassing for the media?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Duly noted. I don't disagree.

I just don't see it as a priority despite gun deaths skyrocketing last year.

769 murders in Chicago
    DC homicides at 16-year high
    STL homicides at 50 year high

Here's the scene out in Denver.

Denver, Aurora experience major uptick in homicides in 2020 | 9news.com

"COVID has had an effect on how we police, but the biggest effect of COVID is the inability to put known criminals in jail. I think some of the criminals out there feel emboldened to not only continue what they were doing, but to ramp it up, per se. The amount of guns on the street is just unbelievable. I’ve been doing this job for 35 years and I’ve never seen anything like this."

It certainly could be a priority. But it won't be. COVID? Sure. That. Saving the climate? Deplatforming conservative nut balls? Having another health care sign-up period? All ahead of guns in the line. So is reforming the police, of course. The big issue with all these homicides are the police trying to stop them.

Guns are useful to the left, champ. Great issue to run on. Even better issue to leverage when it's time for the muscle.

Maybe I'm wrong. Want to be wrong. Hope it all dies down. Don't currently see that. Twitter is a machine, at this point, that's going to be hard to stop, much like talk radio once was in the 1990s.

5. The Big Ragu

It's a disguise. He's really 22. He also tattooed a swastika on his chest and dressed in an American Flag motif to trick everyone into blaming Trump's supporters.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Judges and grudges

7. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I have good news for you: You're wrong.

You don't think the pandemic that's ruining the economy and everyone's lives maybe has something to do with the increase in murder rates? Doing something about the pandemic and about climate would save more lives even if the murder rate stayed the same, which it wouldn't because doing something about those problems will also decrease murder rates. As will having more people able to afford healthcare. People by and large don't just commit crimes for fun. They do it for resources.

Police have huge budgets now and the murder rates went up. So tell me again how more policing makes society better?

You were talking about Biden and have now moved the goalposts to Twitter. When has Biden made deplatforming conservative nut balls a legislative priority?

Look, being skeptical of those in power is healthy and useful. Being contrarian just because you think someone has to fill that role is not. Go get a job with Whitlock if you want to do that.

matt_garth, Mngwa, swingline and 4 others like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Aging
    Anarchists
    Rioting in
    Portland

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republicans want to turn the page
    Make everyone forget the killer rage

SFIND likes this.
  10. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Contracting a potentially life-threatening disease is not part of anyone's sentence. But thank you for uncritically quoting a police chief saying we need more policing while criticizing others for not being skeptical enough of people in power.

11. The Big Ragu

We're all laughing, but remember when the cops in Buffalo pushed that 75 year old peace protestor (and put him in the hospital) and Donald Trump said he was an "ANTIFA provocateur" who was setting up the cops?

12. The Big Ragu

ANTIFA is the ultimate boogey woogie monster.

Draft saved Draft deleted