1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he was taunting them reading a jemele hill column out loud and bragging about being verified on twitter not to mention he was going on and on about his love of guns how much was the officer supposed to take before he took measures to keep the community safe and neutralize the situation he wasn't trying to be a hero in fact the officer didn't even want to talk about it truthfully to avoid the appearance of self-aggrandizement unlike aoc

garrow, SFIND and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Of course it is. No one knows who is in it so it can be blamed for everything.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

no matter the question you're just asking antifa is the answer

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Leading by doing nothing is making Gov. Kristi Noem a goddamned folk hero in South Dakota (and parts of Minnesota)

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

tl/dr

9. DanielSimpsonDay

you can read the full version they don't want you to see on my patreon

Iron_chet, garrow and SFIND like this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

a few LOLs and SMHs sprinkled in for good measure

like paprika!

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good.

Climate change legislation will decrease murder rates? I look forward to that. Bold prediction there. Saving the planet without any sacrifice gets better by the day.

Oh, I'm pretty sure we've had less policing this year.

Which, FWIW, if that's what we want to do - stop the nickel-and-diming policing - we'll get more crime, and we'll have to live with that. We've had that before, and we'll go back to that, with a lot of murders. (The only crime, if we're honest, you can't really fudge with in the model.) But let's just say that and navigate it in some other way - the way you may want, with job programs and housing and welfare and health care and all the other government giveaways that didn't reduce crime in the 70s and 80s. We can try those again, and maybe they'll work this time. Maybe having one's life purpose be I have health care the government signed me up for is the meaning that reduces murder crime.

I'm personally prepared to reduce the debtor's prison stuff, and for us to stop using the police as the fundraising arm of the city and state governments. But I know what goes with that, too. Stop having DUI stops, DUIs will go up. Stop stopping folks for not having plates or tags or functioning brake lights, and there will be more accidents and morons out there driving who have no business driving, including drunks who've had their licenses revoked forever and a day.

I'm actually skeptical, especially on climate change. Not that climate change isn't real - it is, to some degree - but that a neatly prescribed plan that, according to the administration, requires no sacrifice is simultaneously the magic plan that saves the planet. I think, like most things, the vision will pick some winners and some losers, perhaps make a moderate dent in climate change, and perhaps cost more than it should like most government programs do. I'd rather just be told who the winners and losers will be, given the pros and cons, then decide what I think, instead of treating this issue - and increasingly other issues - like religious matters.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

my old roommate could recite certain Shakespeare sonnets in Klingon, Daniel Day Simpson can speak fluent Facebook moron (moronicus Facebookicus).

We all have our mad skills.

Fred siegle, wicked and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted