1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The GOP wants to pin its future to a deeply unpopular monster who, in 2020, glued together a disparate coalition of voters which turned out in record numbers. Before the Capitol siege.

2. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Naming buildings and raising monuments are honorifics. They're a message that these are the people society should look up to and aspire to be like. The confederate statues especially were put up at a time of civil rights struggle and explicitly meant to be a reminder of who can and can't be in charge.

I'm all for not editing or removing books/media. And for people making more books and media.

SFIND and Mngwa like this.
  3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

They really don't have any other strategy than double down.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've shifted my thinking in the last couple of days. Why would Trump start a third party when he has a full second party with hindquarters fully presented?

Let Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and the Lincoln Project form the third party instead.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Cruz is a ridiculous person. True unearned pomposity.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think that Ohio Senate race is going to be Tim Ryan v. Anthony Gonzalez. Oddly enough - both voted to impeach Trump.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Moat with alligators. Until then, they're just pretending.

HanSenSE and Splendid Splinter like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This may not be the best comparison, but last week, I watched the “Band of Brothers”’episode where Easy Company comes upon the concentration camp, and they make the German townspeople walk through and bury the bodies.

That also occurred in real life, and the generals (I think it was Ike and Patton, but I could be wrong), said they made the German civilians walk through the camps so they could never deny that horrific action caused by their country or, to use a modern phrase, claim it was fake news.

Now is the time that we’re seeing that Republicans have to proverbially walk through the concentration camp that is the legacy of the Trump administration. And they know it, and are resisting it, because they know if they do, they will have to admit they were absolutely wrong for the last four years, if not the last forty.

And that’s why we’re seeing so many of them claiming that they’re good to go and don’t need to walk through the camp. They’re afraid to hit rock bottom which they need to do so they can begin climbing back up.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Biden administration should throw the ICE concentration camps open to the media. Tomorrow morning.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, he's been impeached twice, lost the election, and is now a private citizen subject to both civil and criminal penalties of law. His party, which held both houses of Congress when he was inaugurated, no holds neither. You might think those are insufficient consequences, but consequences they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted