1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I imagine the bulk of them are singing like canaries.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, if it passes, the courts will have the best part of four years to throw that one out.

Mngwa and Driftwood like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Federal charges will do that to a person.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Kancel Kulture Kult

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Secret Jewish Space Laser was my favorite indie rock band from 2007.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Little known fact. The space laser is powered by the blood of gentile children.

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been shared.

" ... we have to understand that Trump didn't deform the Republican party, the Republican party vomited up Donald Trump."

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump is a symptom of the party's woes. And seriously, he's only been a Republican for what 5 or 6 years? Whatever happened to the GOP I used to know? Where is the guts? Out this way the bulk of elected GOPers just disavowed a resolution passed by the state Republican party (which said the 1/6/21 thing was a "false-flag" op by antifa). Saw a great analysis by a political analyst that said Republicans are just fine with "cooking off" the moderate base of the party and just leaving the purest, most Trumpian part of the party. Never understood that logic. You make advances in politics by building bridges, not burning them. The GOP has just burned the boats.

HanSenSE, TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All the Republicans have to do is dump Trump. Vote along with impeachment. Make sure he can't run again. I think they would at least get control of the Senate back in two years and the White House in four. For the latter, just offer up a sane adult with some clue what they are doing. I don't think President Biden will run again. I don't think he can win without a boogeyman like Trump as an opponent. I'm guessing a Republican who isn't a Trumpist could beat Harris in four years. Move away from Trumpism and all that energy in the Democratic Party starts to fade. The Republicans just don't have the will or the courage to do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted