1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An acquittal did not do that much for O.J.'s public image. The idea of the trial is to convince the reality-based public Trump is guilty, not the GOP Senators and the 25-30 percent of Trumpy deadenders.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I have no faith or belief that the reality-based public will change their opinions based on a trial in the Senate. Wish I was wrong.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Let me guess - the asshole is 'fuming' - we've gotten no shortage of these stories over the years.

[​IMG]

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

conversation >>>>> small talk

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve been out running errands in my old hometown and I’ve been struck by how much of the ephemera (T-shirts, window decals, etc.) is dedicated to expressing rage and casual threats of violence, and not just the strictly political stuff either.

“We The People are pissed off”
    “Dysfunctional veteran - Leave me alone”
    “Live, laugh and love. And if that doesn’t work load, aim and fire.”

That doesn’t even account for the now-empty “Trump 2020” store that sits in an abandoned Payless Shoes next to the fairgrounds entrance.

People are in a blind rage out here and they want the whole world to know it, even as they keep getting angrier and angrier trying to chase that high. These people aren’t coming back from over the ledge.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

300+ days in lockdown. I am an introvert who just wants to see some different trees and squirrels. All of mine are fed and named. Please send Oreos. The Instacart people keep stealing them. I promise I will just sniff the bag.

Dammit! I want my jetpack and forehead lasers!

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Oscar, I cleaned the garage and rewarded myself with gourmet jelly beans.
    Because I will not be denied joy.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think Trump’s defense is not going to be substantive; it is going to be that he isn’t President now. He will raise a crap load of money via a PAC which says that any money not spent on lawyers stays in the PAC. He will cheap out, enough GOP senators will vote not to convict and he will have a war chest of other people’s money.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The impeached pedo rapist mob money launderer racist bigot Nazi fuckhead probably wanted extra for shipping.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

With just a little bit of my libtard tears. Oh, the humanity!

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

WaPo with a wet kiss whitewash of the RNC Chair formerly known as Romney. Positively Haberman-esque!

Draft saved Draft deleted