1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You gotta love Republicans. Gutless wonders.

Senate Republicans say Trump should be held accountable for riot -- but not by them - CNNPolitics

You can't hold Trump accountable for actions before he was President now, because he's President - that's what impeachment is for.
    You can't impeach Trump for actions that occured before he was President. And why not let the people decide in any event whether he should stay or go.
    Screw what the people decided.
    You can't impeach Trump for actions that occured while he was President, because he is a private citizen now.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She needs a better bra and that dress...No. It's obvious she has no good girlfriends.

My last puppy grew to 125 lbs and took some years off my life expectancy.
    I'll take an older to old dog. :)

Driftwood and TigerVols like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe God Emperor Fatfuck is giving her wardrobe suggestions. He likes his wimmen to let it all hang out, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“GOP Quiet As Pressure Mounts” is a contradiction. As long as the klan is quiet, there is no pressure.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There's always a clip.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Good faith negotiation died with McConnell’s behavior on Merrick Garland and that death was underscored with RBG/Amy Coney Barrett. Doesn’t mean you can’t work with Republicans ever again, but any notion of hammering out deals equally good for both sides is gone.

The GOP acted petulant during Obamacare negotiations, stringing along the administration and fooling them into settling for a non-public option despite their grip on power. But it was part of the game.

Garland was pure poison, a party willing to do anything to gain its aims.

Joe Biden needs to give the GOP a very limited time to walk it back and when they refuse, start ramming his agenda through.

This GOP game of alternating between power politicians while in power and “mere little ol country lawyas unaware of the big, evil swamp and ooh i got a mustard stain on my seersucker suit oh me oh my” needs to stop.

If it doesn’t, run them over. It already caused a traitorous insurrection. It’s still enabling traitorous whackadoodles. It has to stop.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Red font is interesting. Jesus text?

Democrats can do as they please since, as far as I know, they don’t really need Republicans if they get rid of the filibuster.

I don’t personally see value in the “you almost had me murdered” comment when someone is agreeing with her, but, as I posted, it’s obvious many posters here derive significant value from it.

You have control of the White House and both sides of Congress. Do your best, change America and quit worrying about what the GOP screwballs think. I’m not one of them so I’m personally excited to see what comes of the next two years. I’m worried, too, because I wonder if the Democrats, having power, are more interested in acting like they’re powerless.

Hermes likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know about the red font, but the headline on that link is pretty much on the nose.

"Republicans can't believe the Democrats don't want to work with them just because of the guns and the death threats and the crackpot conspiracies" - or the refusal to hold anyone accountable for the invasion of the Capitol, the murder of policemen. Throw in continuing to spread lies about the election and Trump's blatant attempt to steal an election caught on tape. Add that the R's have screwed the D's up one side and down the other ever since Obama's election, run over and strong armed them, negotiated in bad faith, waged scorched earth politics, outright stolen at least one Supreme Court nomination.

They've lost and want to negotiate, but they translate "negotiation" as meaning that they set preliminary terms that must be met or they'll cockblock Biden's agenda the way they did Obama's. The problem is that even the Democratic leadership will only put up with that nonsense for so long. Maybe this time they'll run up to Lucy and kick her square in the ass instead of letting her snatch the ball away.

garrow, wicked, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted