1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree with you. He does. I’m responding to the bellyaching around here about how the GOP is *still* a bunch of recalcitrant mean pants.

So what?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Her rhetoric comes from the heart; anyone who saw her interview that next night on Maddow could see she was clearly shaken and she all but said a cop was the one threatening her.

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you don’t know what the “So what” really is , then the answer is already beyond your comprehension. If you know what it is and still play this game, then any answer is irrelevant.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

A smart person would learn to use his followers against him.

Like the penguin army was eventually used against The Penguin, thanks to some Batman cunning.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Man, I'm responding to a specific post about Biden having a right to push his agenda. Biden absolutely does, and should, and I agree, and beyond that, I'm not sure what else there is to do except try to win through the kinds of politics we've always seen to get agendas through Congress. It's fantasy to, you know, think all the bad Republicans are going to voluntarily leave Congress. I don't condone or agree with any of the tactics used by the Republicans. But Tom DeLay - who absolutely would have been one of the nuts had he been in Congress - was a real piece of work to deal with, too.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

From a few days ago but ...

US man charged with threatening to 'assassinate' Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

And this tweet is remarkable for its clarity and truthfulness.

One of the things I've been thinking about is how it used to just be a given that if you killed a cop, then law enforcement wouldn't rest until the killer was in the electric chair.

But that has really changed. Cops are now looking the other way when it comes to another cop getting killed by white supremacists. Jan. 6th is the most recent example but there's been tons of others. It is absolutely weird and incredibly jarring shift in attitude about cop killings.

The NY Times also has a story up about Trump pushed DOJ last year to hunt for antifa, who don't exist, and exclude looking for white supremacists, who are actually a huge problem and getting worse on an hourly basis.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The witch’s army gladly gave Dorothy the witch’s broomstick but nobody explained what happened to the flying monkeys

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There would have been a thousand dead on Jan. 6.

heyabbott and Webster like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Looks like Hickler is the present and future of the GOP.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

She's a lot like Q
    This dangerous tripe
    She's a lot like Q
    Come on and hold him tight

Oh poor Donald, always upset
    Keeps on ranting without a regret
    Kill without penalty if your skin is white
    What riot are you planning tonight?

She's a lot like Q
    This dangerous tripe
    Oh she's a lot like Q

Capitol cops fall dead on the ground
    Creepy enablers don't make a sound
    They want to kidnap and kill
    Listen to Ted and Tuberville, yeah

She's a lot like Q
    This dangerous tripe
    She's a lot like Q

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

New Body Cam Footage Shows Capitol Mob Assaulting Cops

At least one woman who was trampled during this incident died later of her injuries. On the video, a man can be heard yelling for help, “Save her! She’s gonna die! She’s dead! Please! She’s dead! I need somebody!”

bellyaching

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who’s letting it go? There’s a big fence around the Capitol. There will be more arrests and prosecutions, as there should be. We may get a domestic terrorist spy operation out of this equal to and surpassing what we’ve done overseas.

Not only should it not be overlooked...it is generally not being overlooked.

What some GOP goobers think is wrong and regrettable and...kinda how life works. But what happened on Jan. 6 is not being overlooked. Nor should it be. Nor is it.

Draft saved Draft deleted