1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The silence from police unions over the Capitol riot - compared to their behavior and public outcries during the BLM protests last year - is almost more troubling than one officer killing a black man. The latter you can "dismiss" as a "rogue" incident. But their indifference to what happened in DC speaks to a far more widely-spread and deeper problem.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, the Bubbas and Karens who bitch about their freedoms being taken away have forced the construction of a barrier around the Capitol. So now, people won't be able to visit it anymore, have photos taken on the steps, etc. You know, the actual loss of a freedom.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Everything is fine dot jpeg

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Where insurrecting is a pleasure.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once the daily semi trucks quit arriving from the US Mint, the checks start bouncing.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

None were arrested. Next time, and there will be one, some should be run right over.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ve been in DC area since 1977. I remember being able to walk in the West front doors of the Capitol and wander around. Certain hallways and offices were definitely off limits but I would wander around and look at the art and sculptures and murals. The beautiful details of the buildings. You didn’t need to be on a tour. I loved being able to see the old Supreme Court and the old Senate chambers. The police are more concerned about white Christian terrorists than Muslim terrorists right after 9/11.

Wenders, Inky_Wretch and Octave like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If only this matters. The verdict will be a foregone conclusion because, despite what some would have you believe because there are fences (oooooh fences. Such accountability. A fence), people are letting things go.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL!

Not that it matters. He will still get acquitted.

garrow and Wenders like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted