1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The woman has never had a thought about anyone but herself since birth. And why are her panties all wadded up about a living wage?

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Yeah, had he stayed, they would have completely neutered him, pulling off prime committees, etc. Meanwhile, the GOP is sticking MTG, a Sandy Hook and Parkland conspiracy theorist, on the education committee. Why would they do that? Is it a big F-you to the Dems? Are they simply that tone-deaf? If you're not going to oust her, why not just stick her in a corner for two years and on primary her?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The GOP should've at least issued a one-item platform at the convention: "Owning the libs." At least show some effort instead of pledging fealty to Trump.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Wicker Man: No, not the EOs!!!!

Driftwood likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Utterly predictable.

Looking forward to articles on Biden’s candor and veracity. The should use a scale of 0 to Trump.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of the GOP stimulus plan as long as it helps get the country back to normal. I have no problem with provisions limiting eligibility. I'm amazed, however, to learn that these limitations are on the ability of rich people to receive the cash.
    At this point, we need cash to businesses and schools and vaccine logistics. I'm good with the payouts I've received.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

If that happens I’ll blame soccer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That or she means to say "Single handedly" and she's getting it wrong.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    2muchcoffeeman and swingline like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Congress doesn't have to kick her out. That requires a two thirds vote.

The Republicans have to kick her out.

bigpern23 and Mngwa like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

BTW, word on the Sunday shows was that the reason that Trump's lawyers resigned was that he was determined to continue to pursue "Election Fraud" as his defense. The lawyers wanted to go with "You can't impeach someone who has already left office", and he flat refused. I think that was on Fox with Chris Wallace. Might have been on "This Week".

Also noticed that "This Week"s Panel discussion was Martha Raddatz hosting, with four other women who are either White House reporters or former party insiders commenting. This is the first time that I recall seeing that segment composed entirely of women. All bright, all on point. All pretty, of course, but they were all good.

Maybe we'll get to the point that we don't notice stuff like that one day.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Times also had that yesterday. You gotta wonder if any of them got paid. You’re not taking that case unless you’re getting paid. A lot. Or he has kompromat on you (Dershowitz). Trump is so toxic even Jones Day dropped him.

12. Neutral Corner

Any sensible attorney would require money up front unless they were ok with not getting paid. Trump has a well earned reputation.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted