1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t you say Brezhnev was more ruthless?

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Criminal Domestic Violence. Usually involves spouses or ex-spouses, but can include children in most states.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Canine distemper would actually go a long way in explaining how Trump voters act.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Make
    Airedales
    Great
    Again

Sea Bass likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

At his very core, he is a corner cutting grifter.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And yet, the passage of mine you quoted doesn't mention Putin at all. I'm "defending" him, while not mentioning him.

It's our obsession that "Putin out = SUCCESS!" is what I fight against. Because it doesn't take into consideration AT ALL what comes after Putin. No matter how much worse things might get. No matter how many Russians get thrown back into poverty like the 1990s. America viewed THAT ERA as a success . . . so fuck what America (or Canada, for that matter) considers a success in Russia.

Bottom line, as always: If the west supports X in Russia, that means X is bad for Russia. Every time. And most Russians know this, especially the ones older than 40. The younger ones don't have the 1990s perspective.

How will I know when the perfect replacement for Putin comes along? When the US is scared shitless of him.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Left one out: "Have a blessed day" as a dig.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Very interesting you bring that up.

The "system", yes, was more ruthless. Much more.

But we didn't seem to personalize it the way we do now. It wasn't "Khruschev is evil, Brezhnev is evil, Andropov is evil . . . " It was "COMMUNISM is evil!" That was the boogeyman. Not the leaders. Now that the system is gone, we have to latch the evil onto something, someone, who doesn't do our bidding. So it's Putin.

Journalists were killed during the Yeltsin years. Russia became a mafia state during the Yeltsin years. We didn't care, though. Because Yeltsin did our bidding. Deep down, that's all that matters to us.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There is no system now. There is no central committee and no guiding principle, other than one man’s thirst for hunger.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

bte-

Most Americans don't give a damn about Russia's problems - you have to recognize this. This isn't America First, this is more like "Who Cares"

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Likewise your grumbling about Biden lets me know he’s on the right track.

Draft saved Draft deleted