1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They should be. If they run that nonsense now, it's not like they don't know about them.

2. Neutral Corner

Once they win the first one they'll have plenty of money for lawyers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

When there were a dozen or more major Independents, including Notre Dame and Penn State, the decision might have been defendable. But it has to rate right up there with one of the worst long-range choices ever. How much money do you think Tech has missed out on in the past six decades by forfeiting all that SEC cash?

Our Techwood office was right across the street from Alexander, and I had a panoramic view of Tech's campus. Just stunning to think there was a time they were the "big" SEC school in Georgia.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think an even dumber decision was South Carolina leaving the ACC to wander the wilderness for two decades before joining the SEC, making the state school No.2 to Clemson except for a couple of years under Steve Spurrier

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Only the second-worst decision, behind Tulane's leaving the SEC in the Sixties. How'd that turn out?

Tarheel316 and maumann like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It did when Tennessee fans started wearing "Archie Who?" buttons the week of that 1969 game.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Don't forget Sewanee!

maumann and dixiehack like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So far they’ve sued Giuliani and Sidney Powell, who don’t strike me as wealthy.

10. Neutral Corner

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They could see the writing on the wall though that they’d never be more than Vanderbilt with better cooking. And the SEC really didn’t become a giant cash cow for another three decades after they left.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think they want to win one full-fledged trial to prove their point, and after that they will be willing to settle for a stream of fat settlement checks. But they want a scalp first.

maumann and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted