1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't know why credibility matters so much to Republicans.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The GOP cannot afford to let Democrats into the DOJ files. It could send many people, Graham included, to federal prisons.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m sure Barr and his sympathizers did their best to keep everything out of the files. Let’s hope some Vindman-like true patriots took some good notes.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is what I don't get. If Southerners want racist fascist Republicans to represent them, OK. But why instead of a McConnell, who at least has a functioning brain, do they go for the likes of this nitwit, who only makes everyone who doesn't live in Alabama damn glad they're smart enough not to do so?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Some interesting info...they also mention that the Steve
    Correl show was inspired by it but I heard the opposite.
    The service was not established to send armed personnel into orbit, or to colonize the solar system. Instead, Space Force personnel, who were recently named "guardians," operate the nation's GPS and missile warning satellites with their boots firmly on the Earth.

Trump got the Space Force across the finish line, but rarely acknowledged that a bipartisan group of lawmakers had proposed a similar reorganization of military space missions into a Space Corps in 2017. Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), one of the early supporters of the Space Corps idea, said last week at a POLITICO Live event that he hopes the new branch can escape the politics that surround it.

"I hope my fellow Democrats will not be too discouraged by the taint that former President Trump put on the Space Force when he tried to hijack it for his own political purposes because the Space Force was really originated on an entirely bipartisan basis way before Trump was elected president, way before he noticed the shiny object that caught his attention," Cooper said.

The Secure World Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on sustainable space use, also listed improving the Space Force's public relations campaign and clarifying its mission to the American public as a top job for the Biden administration in a December report.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

11. Sam Mills 51

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Laura Ingraham believes her crusade for hydroxychloroquine is the cure for the pandemic. Has all sorts of money-under-the-table flavors surrounding this behavior ...

Because politicizing an issue based on science is all she knows how to do. And she doesn't know how to do much else outside of hatemongering and fear mongering.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted