1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Asking the Republicans to show any degree of honesty and veracity is futile.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Try being from Tennessee.

Dammit. No space laser, no space snow machines. My dad got cheated.

You think they're going to have the impression there's intelligent life here after they meet our leaders?

TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Our Canadian friends shoot ... and score.

(... and Gretzky with the assist, as usual ... )

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Imagine if this happened at the uppermost reaches of the federal government, like the White House.

2muchcoffeeman and TowelWaver like this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Where they gonna go now?

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Newsmax allegedly is in 75 million homes. ESPN was in 83 million two years ago, so it’s now probably closer to 80m. God help us as a country if Newsmax trash is almost as widely available as ESPN.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have Newsmax and OANN when I switched back to AT&T at Christmas. Mostly because they threw in a year of HBO Max for free and the discount rate was cheaper than YouTube TV. We still aren't ready to cut the cord because sports, etc.

I don't believe any channel should just be excised but I do think there's channels that should be paid add-ons and I think Newsmax and OANN are in that bucket.

They shouldn't come with the basic package and you should have to pay extra for them.

Some would argue, but Jay, I'm conservative, I don't want CNN or MSNBC and I should have't to pay for them.

Okay, I buy that, but CNN, like Fox News and like MSNBC, they come as bundles with other channels people actually want to watch.

So that's the tradeoff, but OANN and Newsmax, they're straight garbage and they get to claim my house as a household they reach because I don't have the option to ditch them.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Back to OANN? And has anyone heard from them since the inauguration?

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Trumpanzees say the same about ESPN.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted