1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I guess it depends. I'd venture that a first-time candidate from a rural district probably does their own driving, a long-term incumbent, no.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Catholic priest, dressed in his clerical collar, was walking through a crowd of Trump supporters outside the Capitol on Jan. 6 and holding a book about exorcisms when a videographer approached.
    He admitted to performing an exorcism on Congress. This is the kind of bullshit religious practice that makes legitimate Voodoo seem questionable

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati..._G0CBgA4Z--lbf_VRjA9h1VBJCejiEJUmFrDikDgfqddo

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why can't everyone just take her at her word?

People don't lie about these things.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.39.45 PM.png
    PolitiFact - Bernie Sanders has taken corporate lobbyist money — in small amounts

That's why. Everybody lies. Quintuple that for any politician (except Jimmy Carter).

As far as I'm concerned, everybody should be expect to be fact-checked on everything. NOBODY gets the "Well, if he/she said it, it's good enough for me" treatment.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

beep beep beep beep

Maybe he should work on something important like discrimination against gays in the church.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Putin lies. A bunch.

Again, NOBODY gets the "Well, if he/she said it, it's good enough for me" treatment.

I try my best to explain Putin's rationalization for doing X, Y and Z. That doesn't always mean his rationalizations are truthful, or even justified if they are truthful. But they're usually something a little more nuanced than, "Well, because he's just an evil motherfucker," which is typically our starting and ending point.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'll believe in change when federal agents arrest GOP members on the House floor.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Sincerely with no sarcasm intended, He is just an evil motherfucker and that is why he does what he does.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And not all fact-checkers are alike.

AOC's been a favorite whipping post for the conservatives ever since she primaried a sitting Congresscritter. Maybe it's her progressive platform, or the posse. Or she's young and a solid 6.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good Tebow, this MTG speech on the House floor. Hope no one's wearing a new suit today, it's getting piled higher and deeper.

And of course it's the media's fault. And the Twitterez.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think they are somehow immune from Arrest on the house floor. Ironic that Republicans will seek asylum in DC

Draft saved Draft deleted