1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m really surprised someone in the right wing terrarium hasn’t tried to set up a fact check operation that skews towards its own idea of “facts.” Seems like an underserved niche compared to trying to be the next Fox News knockoff.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So what reason or evidence is there to think she was lying here?

Why would she lie about this?

If you hear her story in that video and your first thought is to look for "holes" in her story, something is wrong with you.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

also

the media

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But a 64 percent approval rating after two decades indicates a few people like "what he does."

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...g-holds-steady-despite-navalny-crackdown-poll

Did you think Yeltsin was evil? There is nothing more "evil" going on in 2021 Russia that wasn't going on in 1996 Russia (crooked elections, lawlessness, mafia state, journalists killed). Biggest differences are the quantum leap in the standard of living and the approval rating of the president (64 percent, vs. 6 percent).

Yeltsin's popularity in single digits

The above story is very interesting, for another reason.

Primakov was a VERY competent PM and the heir-apparent to Yeltsin whom the US ordered Yeltsin to get rid of because they wrongly feared his "bring back some regulation to the economy" suggestions would mean a return to COMMUNISM. :eek:

So Yeltsin had to find a replacement for Primakov whom the US would approve of. That person was V.V. Putin.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The same republicans who are tripping over their labia to yell gotcha were also in communication with the insurrectionists telling them the locations of Members of Congress

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You hate to see it ... wait I think I have that wrong...

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I would put on my mileage that I was returning to (generic city one of the paper's offices was in) to write a story after a late game. I was actually driving home.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Say it ain’t so Lou, say it ain’t so

12. Smallpotatoes

Which is exactly why the "If your mother says she loves you, check it out " standard of fact checking should not apply to her story.

Draft saved Draft deleted