1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like ...

https://www.mensjournal.com/feature...on-a-mission-to-just-keep-livin-mens-journal/

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Absent a scandal, Tucker Carlson is a serious future candidate for President. Would say the same for Hannity, but he seems like he carries more baggage.

Depending on how they fare in terms of getting the nomination to actually winning, will set the table for possibly even more types like a Candace Owens.

Personally, I think Trump is the most likely contender for 2024 unless he's barred from running again or not in good health/dead.

My next best bets are Cowboy Barbie, the governor in South Dakota. She's telegenic, made a national name for herself with the state's lack of covid response and could probably raise the money. Crenshaw, Agent of SHIELD, is another guy people could get behind. War hero. Texas. Obvious injured veteran. Has the right combination of dumb and viciousness that will appeal to the money class and doesn't come off as a lawyer nerd like Hawley, Cruz, Cotton and I don't know if Rubio is a lawyer or not, but he's in that group.

I think Arkansas (local bias) will produce a string of contenders in Cotton and Sarah Sanders, in 2028 she's be in the middle of a second term as governor. Could set up an epic Arkansas v. Arkansas street fight between her and Tucker Carlson, a former resident of Little Rock, where he was, notably, a registered Democrat.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Hannity doesn't have a college degree.

The SD governor will factor in as will Cotton.

I have no opinion on Carlson because I loathe him so acutely I don't understand why anyone likes him.

Let's see how Sanders fares in Arkansas before anointing her anything.

Crenshaw will fall apart under scrutiny.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

When Carlson was on MSNBC he actually was decent

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This country's not electing any man who consistently wears a bow tie.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Hasn’t worn it in 15 years

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I miss Paul Simon

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. heyabbott

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Nancy Pelosi is a career public servant. She had excrement smeared on her office walls.

Seventy-four million votes and a few tra-la-las in different swing states in the next election and the wannabe celebrity gets another term.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I think this election proved, at least on a national level, that if moving away from “politics as usual” means giving our country over to the idiot fringe, a not-insignificant majority has chosen “politics as usual.”

Octave and Driftwood like this.
  11. heyabbott

For a group of bottom of barrel scumbags who are Christian whiners about minority rights they are the loudest and neediest minority ever. Not self sufficient but they have the ability, based on geography, to have a disproportionate impact on the government. The right wing extremists control enough Republican primary elections to get evil cretins like Jordan, Gaetz, Taylorgreen and Nunes in the house and The SEC and and Mountain Weat Senators. These extremists get their candidates through the primary and the run of the mill dimwitted Christian republicans will vote for any R in the general election.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley. Ben Sasse. Mitt again. Tulsi will run on that side too.

I don’t see Tucker Carlson. I just don’t.

But a lot of folks will run. And Kamala Harris, if Biden is done after 1, will have a lot of competition too.

Draft saved Draft deleted