1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

You have a consistent attitude that because Democrats can still win elections sometimes there isn't a real problem. People are actively, intentionally disenfranchised in every election by the GOP. That isn't true representative democracy even if the strategy doesn't always work as well as the GOP hopes.

Fred siegle and TowelWaver like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Democrat's basic position is to point out that the R's have spent many millions across the states changing voting laws and campaigning against "Election Fraud" when there are only a handful of cases annually, nationwide. Indeed, most of the recent, proven cases of substantive election fraud have come from the GOP side. They have used the removal of tens to hundreds of thousands of voters along with gerrymandering to alter the voting landscape. The R's have made a nationwide campaign of this.

If you don't agree with that, you pretty much *are* in favor of suppressing the vote. Hell, the R's started a deliberate effort to take control of as many state legislatures as possible a couple of decades ago so that they would be able to draw up gerrymandered districts after the census years.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Piece of shit FATUS throwing his supporters under the bus in his legal defenses.

WHO LOVES YA BABY

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And is still preferable to voting for Dems.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This was my situation this election cycle. I very much wanted to put a Biden-Harris sign up, but on our little country road in small-town NC, we had at least 5-6 Trump signs. Also, our county sheriff lives on our road, and he had both a Trump sign and two Blue Line signs posted.

Those, literally, were the reasons I didn't put up a Biden-Harris sign. And, distilled, that is because I was fucking afraid.

America.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ron Wright, the Trumpist Congressman from Arlington, Texas, who died of COVID, voted against the certification of the election results. I'm curious if he was one of the klansmen who refused to wear a mask in those cramped spaces of the Capitol after his people stormed the joint. Shortly after the Trumpists made a point of refusing to do a simple thing in order to preserve Life, four Democrats tested positive.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that Oklahoma has a panhandle so you won’t burn your hand if you try to pick it up!

Actually, it has more to do with Texas (doesn’t it always). When Texas wanted to come into the union, it had to give up the tiny strip that was above about the 36th parallel to adhere to the Missouri Compromise. It remained basically unassigned land until we decided to steal land from the Indians when Oklahoma was founded. Then, it was tacked to to that territory.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wright died the way he lived, in ignorance and hate.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sen. Shelby is retiring, which will leave Tuberville as senior Senator from Alabama. That might get Doug Jones another shot. He took a teaching gig at Georgetown, don't know what else he might have going on.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That seat's got Mo Brooks' name all over it.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Jones get back in the Senate. But we're talking about Alabama here. No way that happens, unfortunately.

Draft saved Draft deleted