1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

From the stories I’m hearing about Republican senators averting their eyes to the Jan 6 video maybe they should sit at the trial like this

EFFE442E-2031-421B-86CD-B9623981B0A8.jpeg

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So far, Castor is not good. But I am biased.

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Clockwork Orange Man Bad

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Talk about burying the lede. What is this guy's topic sentence?

Mngwa likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The media! Partainship! Word salad, get your ice cold word salad here!

7. Neutral Corner

This seems completely accurate, and the Dems should be hammering it.

Opinion: Trump’s weak defense will expose the depravity of GOP senators who acquit him

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...expose-depravity-gop-senators-who-acquit-him/

"In one typical framing, the Associated Press reports that the Senate trial will test “the loyalty of Trump’s Republican allies.” A CNN analysis declares GOP senators must now decide whether to pay a price for “deserting an ex-president who still dominates his party.”

Either GOP senators are loyal to Trump, or they desert him and face the consequences: The choice is entirely framed as revolving around Trump.

But that isn’t the choice GOP senators actually face, and describing this choice accurately is of paramount importance.

The real choice they face is not between sticking with Trump or going against him. Rather, it’s between sticking with Trump or remaining faithful to their oath of office, which requires them to defend the Constitution against those who would undermine or destroy it, and to the oath of impartiality they take as impeachment jurors.

Trump tried to overthrow U.S. democracy to keep himself in power illegitimately, first through corrupt legal efforts, then through nakedly extralegal means, and then by inciting intimidation and violence to disrupt the constitutionally designated process for securing the peaceful conclusion of free and fair elections.

Trump fully intended to subvert the constitutional process designating how our elections unfold, and intended this every step of the way. GOP senators cannot remain “loyal” to Trump without breaking their oaths to execute their public positions faithfully."

garrow likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Did Trump's lawyer just say "the people were smart enough to pick a new administration."

10. Neutral Corner

Boom. The shoe just dropped.

"I'll be frank with you. We chose to change our defense after seeing the Prosecution's presentation."

...and I've been out here vamping and stretching ever since I began speaking.

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Now the President's lawyers are arguing that impeachment is inappropriate, because instead the DoJ should charge him with a crime.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted