1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210209-190339_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Fuck Republicans.

OscarMadison, TigerVols and Mngwa like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s going to be — we’d love to convict, if only you brought a timely case.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, I'm sure more than a few GQPer watched that video and realized that mob will be coming for THEM specifically if they vote to convict. They won't have hundreds of security people around them 24/7.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There are the guys who clearly were sympathizers if not active participants. But there were guys trying to do their jobs hampered by people in the aforementioned group and being grossly outnumbered. I mean if a bunch of Black people were pushing so hard that a cop is screaming in pain? I stand behind the statement I made with legitimate acknowledgment of your point.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That was a chilling video that the House Managers showed. The Capitol Police showed more resistance than I initially thought, shame on me. Yes some of the barricades were opened but I saw much more fight. That mob was completely out for blood and Trump bears major responsibility for that incitement.

maumann likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

even less than the Super Bowl.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Breaking news: Fatfuck screams at the teevee again

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those "barricades" were nothing more than glorified bike racks. They weren't ever going to stop anyone, unless a couple 50c machine gun nests were set up behind them. Which, in retrospect, sounds like an excellent idea.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But they have that Second Amendment to protect them.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was thinking that it was absurd that the insurgents were trying to push past the barricades with the police behind them rather than just pulling them out of the way and passing them backwards.

Draft saved Draft deleted