1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Even the thought of someone giving me vital instructions in an earpiece while I have to read something live on the air gives me nightsweats. I don’t know how you guys do it.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There are a few keys. I almost never have to get in someone’s ear when they’re talking. If there’s a good chance I’ll have to, I will warn them ahead of time. If we’re waiting to take a Biden speech live I’ll talk to the anchors ahead of time and then give them a quick “toss to Biden” in their ear. Otherwise, it can almost always be done when they’re not trying to talk.

And specifically in the case of a live interview, I’ve maybe fed a question into an anchor’s ear once in the past 20 years. That was in a breaking news situation. It doesn’t happen otherwise — among other things, they can’t hear the person if I’m talking.

Hermes, TigerVols and UNCGrad like this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, bit of a problem there:
    They flunked that test in middle school ...

[​IMG]

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At a guess, they had a lot of crowd pressure behind them trying to move forward. Trying to pull the barricades would have been swimming upstream.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott are now facing censure in South Carolina because they didn't oppose the election certification.
    People say an addict has to hit rock bottom before they seek help, and clearly Republicans aren't there, yet.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

50 Angry Men. Directed by Sidney Powell.

[​IMG]

Senator #13: We gotta acquit Trump! Think of our careers! We won't have 'em if we convict that SOB.

Senator#2: He's right! Plus we gotta move on. Move on to suppressing the minority vote.

Senator#16: We're the victims here!

Senator#40: To be honest, I'm not bothered by the hypocrisy of claiming to be for cops and ignoring it when our voters killed one. I never cared about 'em really. Just wanted to own the libs.

Senator #31: Imagine how we'd all react if this was all done by BLM?

(the senators all laugh)

cyclingwriter2 and TowelWaver like this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In some cases perhaps, but a bunch of those videos didn’t appear that way.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“This impeachment is wrong because Donald Trump never used peaches ...”

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member